Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a rear air deflector above the back roll up window to keep it clean like a chevy blazer. If you have what deflector did you use and hows it work. If you have pics please post them.
Mike

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
My truck had one when I bought it. I thought it was ugly and it didnt seem to make any difference. I ripped it off and threw it away

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
I have one on mine, but not to keep the window clean. If adjusted right it helps keep from sucking in exhaust fumes. It was free and I'm not sure it would be worth spending money on.

Attachments

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
Seabronc said:
I have one on mine, but not to keep the window clean. If adjusted right it helps keep from sucking in exhaust fumes. It was free and I'm not sure it would be worth spending money on.
that paint is awesome, got anypics of the whole truck?

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
It is due for a repaint and the mural is fading. I'm hoping to get to another round of body work and then a repaint within a year. If you click on my garage there is a side view.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
varmintboy54 said:
Has anyone put a rear air deflector above the back roll up window to keep it clean like a chevy blazer. If you have what deflector did you use and hows it work. If you have pics please post them.
Mike
i had one one my old fullsize jeep cherokee... my back window was still always dirty after being driven in the rain or anywhere halfway dusty

do they work on chevy blazers???

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had one when I bought my bko but I didnt notice a difference when I decided it was cramping my style and ripped it off.

Oh and im sorry bigbroncojeff but I love USC! Even though I live in Texas land. So yeah we'll see wed... haha but thats a different topic.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had one on my burb, it made a good handhold when standing on the bumper trying to put something on the roof. Never noticed it particularly keeping the back window clean.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I got one on my 90,. Lund Airjammer from JCW, dont work worth a chit

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
I got one on my 90,. Lund Airjammer from JCW, dont work worth a chit
That's good to know GhostRider

my brother was looking at a 94 Bronco with a Lund on it and had he bought it I was gonna get the Lund (he hated it).

I think I'm gonna do Steve83's trick just before I smooth and paint the top in the Spring.

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Dallasbronco said:
Six, what's Steve's trick? I have that deflector on my 84 and it was gonna get tossed when I started prepping the top for paint.
It's too simple, yet effective for words

so I'll let Steve's pic do the talking. In-freakin-genious IMO

Sixlitre

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I think they look ok...but i have a different style than most. Since I dont have a rear winder I dont care about keeping it clean. But if i keeps the exhaust out, I'm really interested in one. Anybody want to donate theirs to my truck pm me!

Josh

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Steve and Sixlitre.
BTW, Steve, I was looking at your pictures on your sliding window install and looked like you deleted the trim out of the gaskets. Is that true 'cause I'm trying to eliminate the chrome on my Bronco and it looked like that trim was integral to the gasket.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the help, I didn't know that sliders had specific gaskets and all the flat window gaskets I found thru LMC and NPD were chrome-insert only.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts