Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be the place for Bronco body swaps, here is mine.
Starting with junk

Demolition

Frame up. Rebuilt everything entirely. (brakes done later)

Did SAS swap at this time w/wristed arm

Donor body

Install on my bronco

Dove tail rear

Dash and doors

Rear bumper

Use of extended cab

Roll cage

Seats from 2010 chevy HHR , with spring suspention

9" disc brakes conv./ using chevy d44 front brakes with ford f150 rotor

right now i am in the middle of hi-steer work using chevy flat top knuckles. to be continued....

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Cool set up how long did it take you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to answer a few questions....

huggyb1972 Cool set up how long did it take you?
been doing it for the past 3 years , along with getting married and having 2 kids:smilie_slap this makes it slower hahahha

******** of LA D-d-d-d-d-damn! Sweet Bronco, but with how clean that body was I couldn't justify cutting it up myself.
thats just a pic of the truck , i didnt have one of the actual donor srry. it was very straight donor though and was that ugly 1/8" forest green paint that took mee two weeks to sand off to metal.

Scoop Simply awesome!

I like how you dove-tailed it - very nice transition. How about a pic from the front?
heres pic, the bumper in this pic was with the old body and i have scraped it(too heavy) i am currently working on new front bumber to match the style of the rear. Also now i have brand new grill inserts installed.

my current main 3 projects i am doing now is Hi-steer following Mr. N's guide with chev knukles

203-205 doubler with triple stick

and finishing metal fab of front bumper/and rollcage frame tie-ins, i was waiting to do this at the same time as my side rock sliders.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
Welcome to the site also I see it looks like you just joined us. We like custom builds alot around here hope to see more from you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for sure... i am actually taking alot of pictures of my Hi-Steer work. I use Mr. N's site for most my research, but i never found a good build thread of one on a bronco... So im taking lots of pics to describe it and try to maki it easier for the next guy.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
cute

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Love it!! I think moving the rear axle back a 6 to 8 inches wouldve really made a huge difference. The tail end looks abit too long, but other than that killer work!!!! Any plans on narrowing the front up?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts