Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading that Bronco reservations have reached somewhere around 230,000. I know there's a lot of hype around it but that seems like a lot to me. Anyone think this is legit or is it someone trying to inflate numbers?

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,468 Posts
Jeep sold 28k in May of 2018 so it wouldn't suprise me if the new Bronco buries that number.

·
Super Moderator
9,661 Posts
They are now realizing how stupid they have been for not making this vehicle sooner. No one ever said automotive executives had any common sense. They need one based on an F150 now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just hear from a dealer source that despite the big numbers of people who put down $100 for a pre-order, dealers are worried. Apparently the vast majority of the those folks won't return a phone call to even finalize their vehicle color. He blames Ford though because there is no pricing on the engines, options, etc.

·
Erik
1,847 Posts
I just hear from a dealer source that despite the big numbers of people who put down $100 for a pre-order, dealers are worried. Apparently the vast majority of the those folks won't return a phone call to even finalize their vehicle color. He blames Ford though because there is no pricing on the engines, options, etc.
But there are no details to finalize like vehicle color yet. Likely not til December will we actually order. Talked to a few dealerships myself. Some dealers are having people order with a deposit now, but it’s all just a way for them to get more money immediately.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I'm buying one but not til the insane "its new I gotta have hype" dies down and of course to make sure its not a piece of shit as far as reliability goes. The 100.00 res fee is refundable so of course everyone and their brother is gunna reserve one the majority will back out when the time to pay up comes

Reactions: St00k

·
Registered
1987 Bronco 351W, C6
1,209 Posts
I'm buying one but not til the insane "its new I gotta have hype" dies down and of course to make sure its not a piece of shit as far as reliability goes. The 100.00 res fee is refundable so of course everyone and their brother is gunna reserve one the majority will back out when the time to pay up comes
Yup. NEVER buy the first year of a new vehicle! Things are always learned with mass real-world use. The hype is real, tho. A real off-roader unlike the new Heep Cherokee I saw with maybe 1/2" of lift with a big graphic "Lifted Lifestyle" on the sides.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,542 Posts
The hype is real, tho. A real off-roader unlike the new Heep Cherokee I saw with maybe 1/2" of lift with a big graphic "Lifted Lifestyle" on the sides.
😂😂😂 Lifted lifestyle

·
FSM Lifetime
2,224 Posts
Imagine paying $100 for a vehicle that will probably get recalled and may not even be in your hands for 2 whole years.

Think i'm crazy? All it takes is for Michigans crazy governor to lockdown the "Non-essential" businesses like Ford and all bets will be off as to when Ford can even start building.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
87 Posts
Imagine paying $100 for a vehicle that will probably get recalled and may not even be in your hands for 2 whole years.

Think i'm crazy? All it takes is for Michigans crazy governor to lockdown the "Non-essential" businesses like Ford and all bets will be off as to when Ford can even start building.
We can't stand her either

·
Registered
79 bronco ranger XLT 4 speed manual with a stock 351m
11 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but i absolutely HATE the way these things look. I cant wait to pull up to one in my 79 and and smoke the fucking tires like a mad man.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,542 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but i absolutely HATE the way these things look. I cant wait to pull up to one in my 79 and and smoke the fucking tires like a mad man.
Join the club... Also not a fan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts