Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. apparently the Bronco reveal has now been pushed back to July 13th, because.... well, the original date of the 9th turns out to be OJ Simpson's B-Day.

Someone must have gotten fired over that mix-up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How is it a good reason? We can look back at history all day long and someone's birthday who did something wrong will fall on every day of the year. WE!! have to stop catering to all the cry babies in the world. FORD should have the reveal when they originally planned and tell everyone that is soft about the issue to wait a day and watch the replay.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I agree with the move. No use having any more Bronco connection with a murderer.

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,264 Posts
Nobody's crying over it. The most popular memes made about the current bronco would have been relating it to OJ since the most famous Bronco in history is the white flight Bronco. They're just doing what they can to minimize a long running negative experience around this already comical 'reveal'.

It's a business trying to protect it's investment. It makes total sense.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,224 Posts
@schwim gets it. It's simply a good marketing move, after not catching the unfortunate date correlation initially. They want the day to be about the Bronco, not about OJ's Bronco. How much damage they can undo now is another question. Many write-ups will refer to the reveal date that was, and why.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
454 Posts
I would be willing to bet money, the date was chosen by someone purposely at ford. Someone was “trolling” people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
So.. apparently the Bronco reveal has now been pushed back to July 13th, because.... well, the original date of the 9th turns out to be OJ Simpson's B-Day.

Someone must have gotten fired over that mix-up.
Someone definitely got chewed out for this, but I don't know about getting fired. I'm not surprised at all they pushed it back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It also happens to be the birthday of Nathan Bedford Forrest..... we should change it especially with the current climate once it gets out there will be a boycott of Ford

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
58 Posts
Pushing the date back the first time was a mistake. If the 9th is wrong because of blow-j then they should push it up. I vote 4th of July. A new bronco for a new.....'murica

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Well there's probably a difference between selling a vehicle next to any other vehicle on another usually day at the car lot vs reviving a model after a couple years of hype, where the most iconic memory to pop culture was a slow speed car chase involving an NFL hall of famer, actor, and suspect for a double homicide.

Ford has seriously had a Ford bronco website for a couple years now promoting the return. What a few days?

You want to talk about people getting unnecessarily bent out of shape? How about anyone complaining about Ford moving it back for any reason... Like it fucking impacts them in any way.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Fuckin 'murica bro. The amendment at the top there... Number 1? Yup that's the one
the one that allows me to tell you i think your manufactured outrage is misplaced? i'm familiar.

or did you think it was just for people who agree with you?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,882 Posts
How is it a good reason? We can look back at history all day long and someone's birthday who did something wrong will fall on every day of the year. WE!! have to stop catering to all the cry babies in the world. FORD should have the reveal when they originally planned and tell everyone that is soft about the issue to GO BUY A JEEP INSTEAD OF GIVING FORD THEIR MONEY.
Fixed it for ya. 😁 I think that most of the time "catering to the crybabies" is a bad move, but marketing this one on that day would just hype up the news over the wrong point. It would sound like Ford was celebrating OJ's use of the Bronco for his evil deeds. Might as well sell the OJ Special Edition, complete with all white paint, dog poop shovel*, extra large leather gloves (a pair, but not together), & a simulated blood stained console.

It was a stupid choice of dates. They also should avoid the anniversary of the murders or the chase. Ford should move as far away from OJ's infamous connection to the brand as possible.

*I always thought that was a poor explanation. A Bronco owner might have a shovel for real off-road purposes in his Bronco, or other digging purposes, but keeping your dog poop shovel inside of your Bronco makes no sense. Being the owner of both a Bronco & a dog poop shovel, I fully understand that the one retains the residue of its work & does not belong inside the other. Ever. This not a pickup. What rides in the Bronco rides with you. There is a reason that they don't sell little cardboard shovels scented with Eau De Dog Poop to hang on your mirror.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
58 Posts
the one that allows me to tell you i think your manufactured outrage is misplaced? i'm familiar.

or did you think it was just for people who agree with you?
I'm really not that outraged about it.

The entire world has gone to hell. My retirement is down, we're seeing the beginning of a race war. We have a new virus that realistically might not ever have a vaccine for. Talking about the new bronco is far more entertaining even if its only for this.

Forgive me if I take a minute out of my day to mention how stupid I think OJs relevance is. He's not Hitler. Hes just an asshole murderer. And lets be frank if your under the age of 30 he didn't even exist. I just think it's lame to see him hold this much clout.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fixed it for ya. 😁
That does work much better. I do understand the marketing side of this and trying to distance themselves from that situation. It is their way of protecting investors long term I get it. I think that if they would let everyone see that one bad bit publicity doesn't bother them then the trolls would move on. I believe it would show they are there to talk about the new Bronco not the actions of someone who then had his friend drive him in a white Bronco 25 years ago.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,054 Posts
Doesn't bother me a single bit. I approve. Personally... if I never have to hear OJ referenced with my Bronco again... it'll be too soon. I've owned 2 white ones and the year doesn't even matter. The middle aged and older public still has that image/impression stuck in their head enough to annoy the sh!t out of me. I've literally heard the connection made so many times over the years, I would get the urge to punch someone in the face for saying "Oh, you got OJ's Bronco" or "That's an OJ Bronco" or.... blah, blah, yak.
In an age of political correctness run amok, I can understand why it can be annoying but I'd have approved of this move 10 years ago... and I'll approve now based on the same merit.

My ol' lady... on the other hand, who is actually interested in buying one, could give a damn for OJ B.S. and just wants to see the damn thing so she can figure out if she wants to trade her '15 F150 in on one or not.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,302 Posts
Ditto BP - often at the drive through window - them; hey, OJ's rig - me; oh, I'm sorry can you repeat that, I can't understand you now that I've pushed your teeth into your throat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As the owner of a white bronco, you gotta stop getting your feelings hurt by people misidentifying your white bronco. In fact you should give them some credit for at least knowing what both of those are in this day and age. I know in my high school parking there’s not a lot of kids who know what either OJ or a bronco are. License plate: N0T0JS

1 - 20 of 34 Posts