Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78’ Bronco Ranger XLT, 89 Bronco XLT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new rims for my 93 bronco but i don't know exact details on hub centric and additional technical terms. I want to buy some ProComp Xtreme 6089 rims but nobody at the shops wants to help. What happened to customer service. I've gone to three stores looking for new lift, tires and rims and everyone seems put out to have to do some research to help me. I know bolt pattern and lug size but they all talk about hub centric wont fit but i want to know what will fit. I also wanted to know what brand of lift most of you guys like. I use to have a SkyJacker kit on an 80 bronco but that was 14 years ago. Has anything changed because people are telling me BDS system? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
do some reasearch. The search button will be your best friend on this site. And don't post multiple threads for the same info. It isn't gonna get your questions answer any faster. I have a Rancho long arm 4" lift, 15x10 mickey Thompson classic 2 wheels and 33's it seems to work well for me. Other than I have the old style radius arms. Definatly get a lift with extended radius arms and rear springs. that is my recomendation.

Hub centric rims won't really work on the bronco's beacuse they use the center of the center hole of the wheel to center the wheel on the truck. Almost nobody makes a hubcentric rim with a 4.5" center hole. Most wheels you will find will have a cup style centercap and and acorn style lugnuts that center the wheel. I busted tires for nearly 2 years. Besides that HI hate hub centric rims because if you don't get them on just right, they will not sit right and your wheels will come off. Factory Dodge halfton rims are hub centric and I had this very problem. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Down in the general chit-chat forum there is a Bronco pics Thread it's a sticky. It is loaded with pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts