Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Maybe someone here can shed some light on my Bronco situation. I have a 93 5.0 E4OD. My bronco has been shifting into neutral while in drive. I did some research on FSB forums and found some info on the vehicle speed sensor and MLPS sensors. Just replaced both sensors and is still having the same problem with the neutral shifts at times. I can manually shift down into second gear and the Bronco will go back into second from "neutral". My Bronco is, however, shifting noticeably better after replacing these parts though when it is not shifting into neutral. I have read about the TPS going bad and maybe becoming the problem here but I have replaced that recently too.
Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,500 Posts
I would have said your MLPS, but since you already replaced it that's obviously not the problem. Pretty sure the TPS wouldn't cause your tranny to shift into neutral.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but I have just replaced the MLPS using Jowens1126 writeup and am still having the shifting problems. Any thoughts?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,500 Posts
Have you checked for codes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just ran diagnostic codes and all I am getting is 452 for the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Although I just replaced this, could this be bad already (I had cleared codes after I installed it a few weeks ago).

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,500 Posts
It's not outside the realm of possibility that a new part could be bad..take it out and go get a new one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the Vehicle speed sensor could cause the neutral shifting problems? or could only the MLPS cause this problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts