Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have looked every where for how long and wide a 79 bronco is because i am lookin at a trailer but i dont have the bronco yet to go out and measure. Its an eighteen foot bobcat trailer but the width looks a little short. There are no fenders and the tires are underneath the the trailers bed but when i go to look at the trailer i want to be able to have a better idea. So if someone can let me know how wide and long from tire to tire a 1979 bronco is i would appreciate it

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have looked every where for how long and wide a 79 bronco is because i am lookin at a trailer but i dont have the bronco yet to go out and measure. Its an eighteen foot bobcat trailer but the width looks a little short. There are no fenders and the tires are underneath the the trailers bed but when i go to look at the trailer i want to be able to have a better idea. So if someone can let me know how wide and long from tire to tire a 1979 bronco is i would appreciate it
I haul my 78 bronco on several of my skid steere trailers, I have several cronkites, a legend and a custom, the bronco fits on em all, but they have wheelwells that I have to put a tire on to get over. you say your trailer is a deckover, that is the best way to go, I now use a 26' tandem dually gooseneck, it is much easier.
I guess to answer your question though, how wide is your trailer? It should be 8' wide and as long as there isn't a lip and is a true deckover you shouldn't have any problems.
A stock bronco with stock tires will be approximately 71" (outsie of tire to outside of tire) and it is a little over 14' long (plan on 14' 6"). Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
to answer your question A STOCK BRONCO no mods is 180.3 inches long bumper to bumper, 79.3 inches wide, the height is 75.5 inches, and the wheel base is 104.0 inches...that is straight from the Ford book

·
Registered
353 Posts
to answer your question A STOCK BRONCO no mods is 180.3 inches long bumper to bumper, 79.3 inches wide, the height is 75.5 inches, and the wheel base is 104.0 inches...that is straight from the Ford book
The width measurement must be from the body, I have a rear ford 9" in my barn with stock tires on it out of a 79 and it measures 71".

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
the deck on my trailer is 86" wide and my wheels are about 89" outside to outside. I am wider than a stock bronco.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The JBG hardcopy catalog has all the dimensions and I think the PDF version does too........you can go to broncograveyard.com and download it for free.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have 35 12.50s on 10" wide wheels on my Bronco. The tires rub going between the fenders (81" apart on my trailer). Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts