Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be getting my first car soon and its gonna be a 1990(?) bronco that my uncle had but never fixed, its been gonna be sitting behind his friends house for about 3 years, i'm gonna be posting updates from the beginning and i'll probably be asking lots of quetions! if anyone has suggestions put em up! :thumbup

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
Welcome to the site. definitely post some pics up.
Got any plans for it?

-Vance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I'm just responding, i'm a little preoccupied with other stuff too, but i'm going to try and look at other stuff across the site and get ideas, i'm definitly going to see how high i can raise the tires without swapping axle, i believe its the original split axle instead of a solid axle but i'm not entirely positive.
I know i have to find an oil leak and strip the seats and wash those out and the passengar seat has to be bolted back dock. Please put up any ideas, please keep in mind i'm 15 just learning about cars but dont count anything too advanced, i have the tools and resources to do everything but extra details would really help :D

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
How high without swapping an axle? I ran 40" boggers on the ttb for 5 years.. Unfortunately I was replacing steering components every year.. :banghead

·
Registered
142 Posts
If i was you id stick with 33 or 35 so your don’t kill the front end, and bigger tires mean bigger gears like 456 or 488 gears. And these truck like the gas stations, and the bigger the tires and the taller they are the worse it get. I got a 96 with 33 and 350 gears and an overdrive trans and still mabey get 12 mpg on a good day. And iam putting 4.56 gears in mine cause the truck will struggle with stock gear and big tires. And yes your 90 is a ttb split front end

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How high without swapping an axle? I ran 40" boggers on the ttb for 5 years.. Unfortunately I was replacing steering components every year.. :banghead
Not ridiculously high, i just dont think a fsb looks right with low tires

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I have (soon to be had) a 4 inch lift with 35s and it was great. good height, proportional, and a ton of fun. Now I am joining the big boys with some 1 tons going under this weekend. I had problems with the TTb from the day I bought it so thats a good part of the reason Im getting the solid axles.

You should start a build in the build section and take lots of pics and document all you are doing. There are alot of great people on this site who really know what theyre doing and can help you along the way if you get stuck or just need ideas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have (soon to be had) a 4 inch lift with 35s and it was great. good height, proportional, and a ton of fun. Now I am joining the big boys with some 1 tons going under this weekend. I had problems with the TTb from the day I bought it so thats a good part of the reason Im getting the solid axles.

You should start a build in the build section and take lots of pics and document all you are doing. There are alot of great people on this site who really know what theyre doing and can help you along the way if you get stuck or just need ideas
I will as soon as the car gets to my house :beer
I gotta get $100 to get it towed since the place is 3 hours away from my house

1 - 9 of 9 Posts