Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have a picture that you could post of your ride towing a trailer/car hauler. I am looking at towing my '66 Fairlane (3400 lbs) plus the weight of the trailer another 2000 lbs. My rig is a 1986 XLT with the 5L motor AOD trans and posi rear with 3:55 gears, the owners manual says that it can be done with room to spare. Total trip one way will be 700 miles, any feed back ?

·
Registered
971 Posts
ahh i just sold a 66 fairlane. Awesome cars it had a 428 in it

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
i towed my 69 mustang on a u-haul car hauler trailer for 1100 miles. no problems with the bronco handling it

·
Registered
971 Posts
If your talking to me heres some videos

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what the point would pics be? you cant tell weight of vehicle and how YOUR bronco will handle towing by a pic...
I have seen a lot of pictures of Broncos towing and for the most part they all seem to not be too weighted down in the rear (all seem to have a load that I would be towing)

I have read on the net that most are dead set against pulling any weight with a Bronco as they say it is to risky because of the short wheel base, so this is more out of curiousity to see how many of you use your rides and so far it looks like you guys are much like me "Go fo it attitude" after all it is a truck. The Bronco more than likely weighs more than a F150 only difference is the wheel base and they use them for towing all the time.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
I've towed full size trucks, crew cab trucks, and other materials with my broncos.. it all tows fine, up to about 60mph (depending on weight of load)

just be really careful with how you drive, remember you're stopping and turning abilities will suck.

just because somebody else has towed, andhas pictures of their bronco towing something heavy, doesn't mean it was a good idea.. for instance, i towed 9,000LB of sand and gravel last week on a very heavy trailer, with my explorer. i'm not saying it was a good idea! but it was fun. oh, and here's a pic

·
Registered
540 Posts
I run air bags on my Bronco, work great for towing/hauling. I have loaded as much as 1 ton of fertilizer in the back and still run level with the bags at max pressure. JS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts