Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a question. I am new to this so I am not sure if I am doing this correctly but anyways to the question. I bought a 1990 Ford Bronco full size with a 302 4x4 electric shift, my transfer case went bad and I need to replace it all the junk yards ask for a number from the transfer case and the one I found is EFTA/MB but I cant seem to find one anywhere in any junk yard. Found one and bought one, different number can I use any other ones with different serial numbers that might fit mine??? Thank you
I am sure you can. My 95 has a Borg Warner 1356 and swapped it from a 93 bronco. I would think your JY would know what would work for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm new to this site. I'm in serious need of some advice. I have a 90 Eddie Bauer 351 Windsor with the E4OD tranny I'm having an issue with the overdrive switch (on dash) basically what started is when I would tap my brakes the overdrive would go off and when I hit the brakes again the overdrive would come back on. That kept happening for about 2 months while I was trying to figure out what was going on it increasingly stayed in 4th gear with the switch light on (overdrive off) now where I'm at is all the time the overdrive is off if I hit the switch it stays off when. If I'm on the highway and I stomp the gas when it's nearing 3500 Rpms in 4th gear you can hear it wanting to shift but it can due to the switch not letting it! I have already changed the switch I got four from the junkyard and same thing with all! Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like some wiring issue, I know the ABS is wired with the speed sensor in the rear diff that also lets the E40D know when to shift and sends a signal to the speedometer. I am def not a electrician but there are many here who can assist here.
Have you searched the website?

·
Banned
38,640 Posts
This thread is about identifying transmissions - not diagnosing them. Once you're sure which one you have, use the regular tech threads (not the stickies).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tranny issue

1995 Ford Bronco, 5.0 Eddie Bauer Edition, 208k I don't knowing I'm in the right area but my transmission has been acting up bad. Ok, so here's the issue. Every morning I have a lovely hour drive to work, I get on the highway and I'm on cc at 60mph, rpms running at 1600 to 1650. Then about 20min into the drive, the cc disengages, I have to put my foot on the gas and the RPMs run up to 2000 just to keep at 60mph. Now for the fun part. As I come to a stop light my downshifting is jerky but not too bad (but way out of the normal smooth shift). And as I take off from 1st into second, the engine revs up to about 3000 where I then have to get off the gas so it'll shift, and boy, does it shift. So hard, that I feel like I'm being thrown out of my seat and into the dash. This continues for all the gears and then I'm back up to 2000rpms at 60mph, no cc, and the over drive button blinking (check transmission light). I replaced my speed sensor on the differential thinking that may have solved my issue, it didn't. Now, when I removed it I saw the metal shavings (very small) so not too worried, but I honestly don't know what's causing my transmission to act up. It doesn't do this much in the afternoon or mid day, only mornings. I live in the humid southern part of North Carolina along the coast. I tried to put all the details into this I could. Please and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
4,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, here is my question, I have a 95 351 e4od, and I am swapping in a carbed 414 stroker, with a c-6. I am going to use my bw1356 because it has the electric shift, and I don't want to have to install a shifter.

The c-6 has an np208 on it.

Will my 1356 bolt right on to the c-6?

The donor motor and tranny are from a 88 f-250.

One other question, will the front drive shaft from the f-250 be the right length?

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Hey guys, 84 351w with a c6. Anyone know off the top of thier head how many teeth on my flexplate. Im thinkin 164 but i scrapped mine before counting lol, in need of a new one

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
What T/C came with the '94' E4OD and the 351 engine? It has a low first gear in 4wd low.

·
Super Moderator
24,694 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i can't find the exact amount of fluid i should use, i'm planing on doing a service but i don't know how many quarts to buy, thanks.

E40D, 5.8, '94.

241 - 260 of 288 Posts