Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every soccor mom and yuppy piece of crap is driving them in Southern CA, with there ghetto rap playing and cell phones glued to there head.

They can't see out the little windows or see over the hood. They NEVER take them off road. And they look f#[email protected]# stupid with them driving them.

I am talking specificaly about the H2 especially.

IMHO the bronco can tackle 90% offroad conditions they can
is more reliable'
looks better
is faster
has more room ( and with not jacked drivetrain to climb over)
is more confortable

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
rich0077 said:
Every soccor mom and yuppy piece of crap is driving them in Southern CA, with there ghetto rap playing and cell phones glued to there head.
They can't see out the little windows or see over the hood. They NEVER take them off road. And they look f#[email protected]# stupid with them driving them.
I am talking specificaly about the H2 especially.
IMHO the bronco can tackle 90% offroad conditions they can
is more reliable'
looks better
is faster
has more room ( and with not jacked drivetrain to climb over)
is more confortable
Damn straight! They aren't even the real hummers. Ever looked at one. They have a regular straight rear axle. And a weaker front than the military ones do. It's all about looking cool. If those people only knew how they really looked.:lolup

·
Registered
83 Posts
90% Of the off-road conditions?? I bet they can do more!

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Bad 87 said:
90% Of the off-road conditions?? I bet they can do more!
than a bone stock bronc? what bone stock bronc do you know of that came with a selectable locking rear and 35s standard?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,643 Posts
Yeah, the selectable locker is sweet, but they come with BFG A/T's, which IMO is a street tire. And even though theyre on 35s, they have about as much ground clearance as my truck did when it was stock on 31s.
Oh, and (IMO) the front-end is way worse than the TTB in terms of strength and travel. At least, from what ive seen anyway.

·
Registered
463 Posts
by the way, the humvee was meant to be offroad. the H2 was made with the street in mind. back when they first came out i was watching a testdrive on tv about them & there offroad capabillities. & everyting i saw IMO my truck could do. & mines basicly stock with 33x12.50s. but im just curious, what has anyone seen a H2 do that they feel a bronco cant?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i work on the HMMWV in the army. they will go just about anywhere, but they are also high maintenance. don't get me wrong they are built tough. but, you got kids that just tear the crap out of them. i put mine through some rough situations...climbing inclines so steep you have to hold on the windshield to see the trail in front of you. i use it to the fullest capabilities and one had to only replace the transfer. the transfer cooler went bad leaking tranny fluid into it.
:usa

·
Registered
156 Posts
Personally IMO

Its not the truck its the driver, My Bronco 2 was a WAY better wheeler than my fullsize is. ( the only reason ive stuck with the fullsize is that its twice as powerful and 80 billion times more reliable :thumbup ) but seriously you put me in an H2 and i could take it any where it will fit (and someplaces it wont) the reason those things seem so gutless is because of the yuppies who buy them not because of the truck it self.

just my two cents of course....

matt--

ps: i personally think the bigger question is where did the idea of "more bang for your buck" go??? for $50,000 bucks you could get your self a fullsize bronco then put 45,000 bucks into it ..

ok please dont flame me!! :boxing

·
Registered
105 Posts
I drove, or rather rode in, a hummer from Kuwait to Baghdad a last spring and it totally sucked. Don't get me wrong, it is the right vehicle for the job but they are very very uncomfortable if you get a crappy seat. Bronco is much more comfortable but is probably not as versatile.

As far as H2 vs Bronco goes, I have to admit I like the H2. I thought it was ugly (and sometimes still do) but up close in real life they are pretty sweet.

Anyways, here was our rig in Najaf on the way to East Baghdad.

Later

Bakes

·
Registered
463 Posts
:eek: ... you just blew my mind matt. just THINK of what you can do with $45000 to put in a bronco.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
hey bakes did ya ever fell like a frog outta water in teh jungle camo in the middle of the desert? just wondering, i got to drive the mil vers of the hummer in the navy there ok but i would not run out and get one,, oh and the navy ones come in a purty color too.......... haze gray :banghead

·
Registered
129 Posts
I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP MY BRONCO. However, an H1 would be fun. I wouldn't be caught dead in an H2. I think Hummer sales were down and they yuppified the H1. Too bad. You can really beat the hell out of the Hummer. In Kuwait/Iraq, it would go some places my Bradleys wouldn't go.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Bronco_89XLT said:
The H2 is actually built on the Silverado HD platform. So all you are getting is a gussied up Chevy. A $50k gussied up Chevy at that.
its based off the 3/4 ton suburban.
H1s used GM engines, t-cases, and trannies; AMGeneral is owned by GM anyway.

·
Registered
643 Posts
the bronco will tear the fuk outa any hummer

·
Registered
776 Posts
Knowing the H2 is just a chevy in cogneito why wouldnt you take a bronco? I have never drvin an H2 but it just looks really bulky and difficult to manuver. I like my Bronco to darn much, although i bet the H2 squeaks less

1 - 20 of 64 Posts