Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bronco good to go now!!!

I have a 85 Bronco Fullsize. It has a 300 Inline 6 engine and its a manual. The problem is it won't start. At first it was a single click when I turned the key, so I replaced the starter and the solenoid (the battery is also only a month old). Now it is double clicking and still won't start. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? My friend here says it might be a bad solenoid, but I just bought the thing.

:thumbup

Bronco is good to go now...thanks for the input guys. I ended up replacing the battery, the solenoid, the starter, and the alternator. I also cleaned up the cables really good. It started right up after putting in the new battery.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Few things:

1. Have the battery load tested to see if it is good.
2. Test the starter relay with a jumper wire from the + terminal on the battery, to the small "S" terminal on the starter relay.
3. Make sure your grounds are good. (Check the main battery cable, block and frame connection) *this is the most likely problem* if you replaced what you caim

KC

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
I have a 85 Bronco Fullsize. It has a 300 Inline 6 engine and its a manual. The problem is it won't start. At first it was a single click when I turned the key, so I replaced the starter and the solenoid (the battery is also only a month old). Now it is double clicking and still won't start. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? My friend here says it might be a bad solenoid, but I just bought the thing.
Sounds like a bad ground.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
The solenoids (like t-stats) have a 5---15% chance of being dead right out of their new boxes. Give or take a few points but you get my drift. Try jumping it at the two terminals though like mentioned previously........

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Bronco is up and running now.

Thanks for the help.
Could you please tell us what the solution/problem was, and how you fixed it. I ask because for people who actually search find threads like this that just say, "I got it fixed..." and thats it. Dead end and no real help.

Thanks,
KC :thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts