Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
I went to start the rig the other day, turned the key and nothing. So I pop the hood check a few things and everything looks ok, I bypass the solenoid and it starts up, so i get a new one and install it, I put a little too much turn on the bolt and break the post off :banghead , well, I take and glue the broken part back together, turn the key and she starts, so i go to the parts shop to get another solenoid switch, change it while i am there , and it wont crank, so i get another and have the same problem, went to another parts store and got one just like the one that I broke put it on and it wont work. I can start the bronco when i bypass the solenoid but not when i turn the key. have I blown a fuse somewhere?.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had the same problem the other day, changed the solenoid and still nothing, Got tired of jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver so i went and bought a $3 push button switch and ran a wire to the solenoid and vwalla turn the key on push the button and away it goes. If it's good enough for Peterbilt it's good enough for me. If my instructions didn't make sence PM me. Good luck!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sounds like your netural start switch is either broken or out of adjustment. Try holding the key in the start position and wiggiling the gear selector lever. If it starts then its out of adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts