Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need your help guys heres the problem I go out to start my bronco and its 22 degrees and she won't start. I check the fuel pump reset switch and it was disengaged so i reset it and try again but the car still will not start what do I do.

1995 ford bronco 5.0L

I dont know if it matters but i had gotten the muffler replaced the day before maybe the mechanics ****ed something up?

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Pull codes from the PCM first and see what's going on ~ there are numerous threads on "How To" pull codes and code # explanations can be copied FREE from Ryan McCormick, aka Fireguy50 who owns www.fordfuelinjection.com and www.rjmtechnologies.com ~

I would use the "search tool" up above and see if you can find a thread with a similar problem with remedy so as not to duplicate info etc.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know but i think its definetly that theres no gas getting to the engine cause the fuel shut off switch was disengaged but after i turned it on it still wont work . YOu hear the engine trying to start and I cant even smell gas. Is there something else that you have to do when you reset the switch?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
you should hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the "on" position.

There should be a whine, it's the fuel pump priming the fuel system. Check your fuses, your fuel pump relay, and the wiring running to and from the fuel pump.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
if you have power to the pump, and the pump still isn't priming, it's either a bad connection to the pump, or the pump itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts