Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Bronco 4.9L and a c6. Yesterday I went out and started it and rolled it forward in to the garage to hammer out a bent wheel from saturday's wheelin trip. When I went to pull back out it wouldn't start I turned the key and nothing. I put it in neutral and nothing. I finally jumped it off the soleinoid and got it to start to get me around. But it still won't start I installed a starter button under the dash as a temporary less white trash solution. Any sugesstions? I thought it might be a neutral saftey switch but I am not sure. Is there anyone who has had this problem in the past? Does anyone have a solution?

please any help would be great.
Thanks Justin

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I would bet on the nss. Mine has the same thing wrong with it, so for now it is a push button start. For a check, put it in reverse and have someone (or yourself) see if the back up lights come on, if the DONT I would almost certianly say it is the nss.

Could also be the solinoid or a grounding problem.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I get it tested at? I am not sure how to test it. If I knew it was bad then I don't have a problem speding 90 bucks for it. but If not I don't want to be out 90 bucks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
maybe clean your battery terminals. Mine wouldnt start and it seemed like the starter was dead and clicking and the fuel pump wouldn't kick on, so I just cleaned the terminals and everything is cool.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
terminals are clean. if it was the battery it wouldn't start off the solenoid. thanks though

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Is it carb? If so take off the Ignition Coil and the Ignition Control Module, Take it to an Autozone and have both tested, one of those more than likely is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT ISN'T CARBED IT IS MULTI PORT FUEL INJECTION. IT'S AN 89 EVERYTHING AFTER 87 WAS EFI

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
wow, your cap thingy is on

i would vote nss.

If so take off the Ignition Coil and the Ignition Control Module, Take it to an Autozone and have both tested, one of those more than likely is the culprit.
Huh

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it was but it wasn't supposed to be. it is on alot on my computer. sorry not yelling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts