Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. This is my first post and i was directed to this site by a member of classic broncos. On with my problem. My bronco is an 85 302 with EFI. The Problem that im having is my vehicle wont start. It will turn over just fine but wont light off. This was a progressing problem over the last two weeks. I would drive the bronco and the vehicle would simply die seemingly at random. Im sure its not fuel because the rpm would instantly drop to zero and sometimes it would come back to life, and other times the tachometer would go from my cruising rpm straight to zero and the bronco would just shut off. I was always able to turn the key and start it back up but not it seems thats not an option and it just wont light off. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My 86 has a test port, but I still haven't figured out the problem when mine started doing a similar thing. Still working on it. Just going around the problem right now, just to keep it running.

·
Registered
76 Posts
my 86 had the same problem myne was caused by the ignition module and the coolant temp sensor flooding the truck i also noticed ground problems and i resodered all the grounds and reconnected all the splice packs in the front of the engine in the wiring harness and my truck has ran great untill my coolanttemp sensor just went bad again the other day...:toothless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts