but once the starting fluid wore off it died. Ater about five minutes
of this it ran on its own but real crappy and had no power. Then it
died again and that was it. Now it will only start and run with
starting fluid. It had a new fuel fiter put on right before it was
parked. I can hear the front pump working and I have gas going into the
fuel rail. Also I put in a new computer before I parked it as the old
one went bad and kept the injectors open 24/7 and filled the motor with
gas. I went from one extreme to the other. Any guesses as to why it
seems that no fuel is coming from the injectors?
Thanks
Jeremy:banghead

·
Registered
566 Posts
That happend to me on my '90 Bronco XLT 351W. I put a new pump in that I bought from NAPA and it worked for a week. Then it wouldn't start. long story short I went to FORD and got a new pump from them for $200 and worked great ever since! Doing the pump once sux, but doing it again BLOWS but seeing it work its badasss!

·
Registered
262 Posts
How old is the gas in it? I know when my friend parked his car for about 5 months of or so his gas was so crumby it would start...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Did you try to pull the codes at all????

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Funny, I think I read and replyed to this exact Email on ECBR this AM. Welcome to FSB dood!

Jeff

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS FOR HELP

Yup you did post a reply on ECBR. I posted to as many bronco sites as I could find. The fuel is about four months old. I filled the tank with fresh gas before I parked it. I have got about 35psi when cranking and it stays there after I stop. I checked the voltage to the injectors and it was twelve volts on both sides. I though that I read somewhere that the injectors fire when one side is grounded. When I crank the engine the voltage never changes. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
18,425 Posts
Yes, the EEC should ground the injectors, much like the TFI does to the coil. Since it WILL run on starting fluid, I think the PIP is putting out a good signal to the TFI, but the EEC isn't using that signal. If the coil is grounding but the injectors aren't, the problem is with the EEC - maybe its ground is bad, or its wiring, or itself.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in tank pump

It seems that my intank pump took a crap. I could get the bronco to run but anything over an idle and it would cough and sputter. So I checked everything and it seemed that my in-tank pump wasn't working(no real test just didn't hear anything.) Dropped the tank and when I pulled of the wire conection off one of the three prongs was broken off. So it seems like the pump was getting juice on a hit or miss basis and then finally died. Might explain why when I was driving it sometimes it seems like it would just lose power and buck and then clear itself up. Hope to put a new in tank pump in this weekend and see if that solves my problem. Thanks for all the advice.:drinkbud

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Glad you found it, and hope it gets her fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts