Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been a long time coming. We've partnered with Wrangler Power Products to offer complete dual battery kits for all five generations of the Bronco and F-series (66-77, 78-79 (including 72-79 F100/F150), 80-86, 87-91 & 92-96 (including 97 F350). These aren't the cheapest things out there, but they are the best and come with all necessary wiring and control/isolation switch. Pricing is $315 for the 66-77, $535 for the 72-79, $495 for the 80-86 and the 87-91, and $395 for the 92-96. We'll have these on our site along with more pictures in the coming weeks. But they are available and ready to ship starting next week. So if you would like to order or have any questions, post here, PM me, or email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,584 Posts
Is there a brace on the inbound side to mount to the frame? The inner fenders wouldn’t be my first choice to solo hold that much weight.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep! 92-96 available too.

The brackets do not attach to the frame. Yes the batteries are heavy but these kits are very well designed and more than strong enough to handle that weight. The body is actually quite strong as well. I've personally been running this kit in my Bronco for about 15 years. Not a single problem, no rattles etc.
We don't sell cheap parts so you know if your buying something from us it's of the highest quality.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,846 Posts
Yep! 92-96 available too.

The brackets do not attach to the frame. Yes the batteries are heavy but these kits are very well designed and more than strong enough to handle that weight. The body is actually quite strong as well. I've personally been running this kit in my Bronco for about 15 years. Not a single problem, no rattles etc.
We don't sell cheap parts so you know if your buying something from us it's of the highest quality.
View attachment 159392
Cost shipped to 83646?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going dual battery the right way requires the proper parts and pieces. These kits are full kits with everything you need for a high quality dual battery setup. No cheaping out here. In stock ready to ship!

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
Nice..this is going on my short list right after I replace my soft top..

·
Super Moderator
25,276 Posts
Yo Stan,
I sent a message to ChrisChris. He last logged in here five days ago.
GL!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 92-96 tray kits are $240, plus shipping (probably about $25). Note that if you intend to use Optima batteries there is an adapter kit that would be needed. That kit is $55. (y)

·
Registered
714 Posts
The 92-96 tray kits are $240, plus shipping (probably about $25). Note that if you intend to use Optima batteries there is an adapter kit that would be needed. That kit is $55. (y)
I see the price has dropped significantly, did the gen2 kits also drop in price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see the price has dropped significantly, did the gen2 kits also drop in price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Stan was asking about the mounting kits ONLY. So just the brackets and hardware. These are available to buy separately. You would of course have to do all your own wiring (which is quite a bit). The WHOLE kit is still $395 (for the 92-96 version).

·
Registered
244 Posts
This may be a noob question... but if anyone knows...

I'm new to, but wanting, a dual battery setup for redundancy. All accessories and what-have-you coming from one battery, and the starter from the other or both. Does this setup accommodate that? Or is it easy to adapt that kind of thing? Also, would there be any problems with the relays if I wanted much higher CCA batteries because diesel?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This may be a noob question... but if anyone knows...

I'm new to, but wanting, a dual battery setup for redundancy. All accessories and what-have-you coming from one battery, and the starter from the other or both. Does this setup accommodate that? Or is it easy to adapt that kind of thing? Also, would there be any problems with the relays if I wanted much higher CCA batteries because diesel?
Yep! It allows you to isolate the batteries in various situations and/or connect them in various situations. All by the flip of a well labeled switch. You should be fine with the provided relay/solenoid as the higher CCA is only minimal and only for a few seconds while cranking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Awesome. I'm down. I looked on your website but didn't see it there - do we just get a quote from you directly?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome. I'm down. I looked on your website but didn't see it there - do we just get a quote from you directly?
Yes. Sorry we don't have them on our site yet. It's best to send me an email at [email protected]. Tell me which kit your looking for (what year your Bronco is (looks like a 96)) and we'll give you the total including shipping. We'll also provide a link to a hidden part of our site for custom charges like this. We do currently have one kit left in stock for the 92-96 trucks. However we can get them fairly quickly so if you order and we don't have one in stock, it would just be a 3-5 day delay to get it shipped out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts