Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introducing the Broncoair Shackle Reverse Kit!
Adjustable for about 2-5" of lift. It mounts directly to the factory holes and can be mounted at two different heights. Further adjustment can be made by the optional shackle mounting points. This allows you to fine tune the lift height and shackle angle for optimal performance.
The kit also moves the shackle mount forward to achieve a more desire-able shackle angle. This allows the spring more droop which means better suspensions travel/flex. The improved shackle angle also decreases the effective spring rate slightly, which improves the ride.​
NOW AVAILABLE!​

Attachments

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,084 Posts
Nicest looking brackets I have seen come to market yet, really like the adjustability.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
:banghead :smilie_slap where were you a month ago when I had to buy a Sky Shackle flip....

No chance I could get you to make a set of front hangers for the leaf springs could I??? Some say you have to move the front hangers a inch reward or so (http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193871). It would be nice for someone to make a hanger that would mount to stock holes and made adjustment options for the front leaf bolts.

What do ya say? maybe? :thumbup

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nicest looking brackets I have seen come to market yet, really like the adjustability.
Thanks!:thumbup
I try to design everything we make to have some adjustment. One size DOES NOT fit all. Who knows what you will do in the future. Nice to have options.

:banghead :smilie_slap where were you a month ago when I had to buy a Sky Shackle flip....

No chance I could get you to make a set of front hangers for the leaf springs could I??? Some say you have to move the front hangers a inch reward or so (http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193871). It would be nice for someone to make a hanger that would mount to stock holes and made adjustment options for the front leaf bolts.

What do ya say? maybe? :thumbup
Doh! Sorry. I guess I should have come out with these two months ago:doh0715:. Or better yet you should have waited until someone did a proper design:twak
I assume you want new hangers so you can move it rearward that inch? It's not a bad idea and I will think about it. But to do a one off is not in the cards, sorry. With most shackle reverse kits I would think you would want to move the front hanger rear by 2 or even 3" to get the proper shackle angle. With our kit there is no need to move the front hanger.:toothless

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
These are awesome for a reverse shackle kit, but I would love to see a shackle relocation kit that just lowers the shackle mount and keeps the spring/shackle moving the same direction.
Something similar to what Giant has available, but still add your adjustability, that would work great for those of us that want to run Deaver Q80 springs with a longer shackle and still be able to adjust it to the ride height that works best for our lift height.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,004 Posts
How soon you going to have these and how much will they be?

I have a need for a set right now. :popc1:

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are awesome for a reverse shackle kit, but I would love to see a shackle relocation kit that just lowers the shackle mount and keeps the spring/shackle moving the same direction.
Something similar to what Giant has available, but still add your adjustability, that would work great for those of us that want to run Deaver Q80 springs with a longer shackle and still be able to adjust it to the ride height that works best for our lift height.
Not a bad idea. But looks complicated and expensive. We are sticking with the shackle reverse design:thumbup

How soon you going to have these and how much will they be?

I have a need for a set right now. :popc1:
Don't have a price set yet but probably around $200 for the set, primed and powder coated. Still probabably 3-4 weeks away, possibly longer as my coater is falling behind. Can you wait that long?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
For 2.5 to 3" of lift would a zero rate or an offset block be needed to keep the axle centered in the wheel well? I currently have a 2" block and would like a little more lift and to eliminated the stacked lift block and factory pinion angle shim block.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For 2.5 to 3" of lift would a zero rate or an offset block be needed to keep the axle centered in the wheel well? I currently have a 2" block and would like a little more lift and to eliminated the stacked lift block and factory pinion angle shim block.
You certainly don't NEED the zero rate. The axle only moves forward slightly. The factory shim block is usually still necessary to maintain the proper pinion angle. But with the adjustment options it's really just one of those trial and error things. We installed these on two Broncos for testing and did not have any drive line issues. One of the Broncos was with an 8.8" axle and the other was with a 10.25" axle.
As you are likely aware, with these types of custom parts and applications, it does sometimes involve a bit of customization/tuning to get it EXACTLY how you want it.
:thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Thanks Chris. I will keep this in mind. This would be a good winter project. Your parts look awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Finally had mine powder coated black after getting them 6 months ago, so now I can move on to installing them before the East Coast Bronco Round Up.

I really like the design as I am using them to fine tune the ride height in the rear. I have the super soft deavers and the rear sits about 2 inches lower than the front. I want to level it out to put more weight on the front tires as this will improve the wandering effect it currently experiences (I have a new Red Head, all new bushings, Fox ATS stabilizer, etc). Its sort of like when you drive a pick up that is overloaded in the back and the steering is just too light.

Another added bonus is that I believe I will improve my suspension "droop" with the shackle reversed.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kind of had a Cardone dizzy decide it would be a funny joke to wipe out my cam gear, so an engine replacement went to the front of the list!

Should be going onnn next month after completing the re-motor.
:doh0715: Engine replacement would be on the front of my list too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts