Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of those stupid stud mounted shocks and the lack of shock options?

Introducing our new Shock Adapter Brackets!

These brackets bolt on to the existing shock tower allowing for a 2" longer shock. More importantly these eliminate the factory stud mount in favor of the standard 1.5" wide eyelet mount. Come with all hardware, primed and powder coated. Sold in pairs.

Price is $85/pair.​

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,050 Posts
these are nice, May have to get a set for my 78 as I think it will work on that just fine too.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,839 Posts
i see in the pic they are mounted for a front shock. can they also be used for the rear shock and work on out TTB with extended radius arms?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these are nice, May have to get a set for my 78 as I think it will work on that just fine too.
Yeah, I don't see why not. See reply to Kemical below.

i see in the pic they are mounted for a front shock. can they also be used for the rear shock and work on out TTB with extended radius arms?
Yes. There are two versions of these brackets, one for the front shock and one for the rear. The picture below shows two sets of brackets positioned how they would be on a dual shock setup as viewed from the front of the truck. Notice the large nut welded in the middle. The brackets with the nut welded closer to the shock mounting ears goes on the front shock. The brackets with the nut welded farther back mounts to the rear shock.

You may ask why bother with welding the nut in there and just have the nut seperately so one bracket fits all (the end user puts the bolt and nut through whichever hole they are using). The reason is these brackets use beefy 7/8" bolts and lock nuts. If you try to tighten a loose bolt with a loose nut it is very difficult to hold both the bolt and nut tight. Not only that but you need two 1 5/16" sockets and or wrenches. By having the nut welded in you can muck more easily hold the whole bracket from spinning while wrenching on the bolt.:thumbup

Attachments

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,050 Posts
So I really like these shock adapters, but on the website it has the option for the second set for $75 more, is this second set what would be the rear set and the front most set is the $85 pair ones?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I really like these shock adapters, but on the website it has the option for the second set for $75 more, is this second set what would be the rear set and the front most set is the $85 pair ones?
Not really. The $75 for the second set is just a bit of a discount if buying two sets. So if your buying one set it's $85 and we ship you whichever version you need, front or back.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We've had some great reviews/feedback on these. These things will give your suspension more room to move so you don't bottom out shocks
.:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts