Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any info. regarding an engine swap from a 4.9(300cid) I6 to a 460 (prefered) or even a 351? Crate engine Vs. junkyard engine and rebuild? I have a stock 85 Bronco (with a NP208F transfer case, 8.8 rear and 4sp manual tranny with the granny gear that I would like to keep if possible) that was my daily driver ever since 1986 up until I got my Superduty 4X4 about 5 years ago. It's been sitting in my driveway since and gets driven around the block every 4-5 months. I live in California so I would have to replace the 4.9 engine with a 1985 or newer engine with all its original smog equipment in order to meet smog requirements. I have read some great info. on suspensions lifts here but again, if anybody has personal experience with adding a 6" lift that additional info. would be great. My goals are the engine swap first then the suspension lift, tires (35's up to 37/38's) and then possible body work/rust removal. All though at this time I don't really care much about the body since it'll get thrashed again. It's seen it's share of mud and desert fun. Sorry about the book but any info. will be apprieciated.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Welcome to FSB. There is a search function at the top of the page that will help you find a lot of the info you are looking for. Many people have swapped engines (all kinds of combinations) and will definitely have your suspensions questions. It is probably also a good idea to realize this is going to be a long process and take your time doing research. You aren't going to find all the knowledge in any one place or by asking it all in one thread (particularly when a lot of it already exists).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts