Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i want to see where the bars come down at the a-pillars. Doesn't appear to have a butload of triangulation, but its pretty cheap i guess, if you can weld. Really need more pics with the top off. wonder how it ties into the frame??

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That's not a bad price considering what steel is now. Even with a few braces here and there, a guy could probably get those done without a bender, just a chopsaw and a welder.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
how much was the S&W kit, wasnt it in the $400 range for a 10pt?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got the S&W 10pt withe family bars for less than $400. Maybe the JBG kit fits a little better since its for specific year broncos.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would bet that it does not tie into the frame. It looks like the same pic for each advertised cage. Hopefully they will get up more details.

Triangulation could be added. It's the bends and fit that are a PIA in building a cage.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Looks to me that it's just a rollbar for the 4-pt kit, and some extra tubing for the rear family cage. No tubing inside the cab area. I like how the family cage pic is the tubing tie-strapped and clamped together with Vise-grips, not welded. I predict they'll sell quite a few, though. It is not the same size or style as the S&W racecars rollcage kit for the cab. JSM84

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
this kit is 2" while the s&w kit is 1.5 or 1.75

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
Tell ya what with the cost of metal and the frustration of bending tube, it might be worth it to have a good starting kit and add as needed.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
i dont get it, the full sport says no rear protection but the full family says it does have protection...its the same damn pic and its confusing the hell outta me...i need more sleep...stupid school

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
ok, i kinda get it now. I guess its ok for what you get, esp if its all ready to weld up.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
this is the pic from the "full sport cage kit"

which says
This is the finest roll over protection we offer. Includes front and rear bars. Does not provide protection for rear passangers.
this is the picture from the "Full Family Cage Kit"

and it says
Includes front and rear bars to protect back seat area.
it just has the same pic i guess i dunno.. im confused that one is $200 more than the other.. but they look the same

·
Registered
284 Posts
They had a picture in the last (summer/fall) 78-79 catalog of a future cage. It was suposed to be a 4pt roll bar and you could add on a front cage kit that looks to be two forward a-pillar bars and one over head bar.

$oon.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I still don't see any cab protection except an overhead hoop

Isn't the S&W kit just a crap load of tube with no good instructions? If this is $600 for a GOOD pre-bent manufactured cage that only needs welding, it would be worth it. But to what everyone else is pointing out, it doesn't look like it has frame tie-ins or a whole lot of metal to it.
....and what is the difference between this bent up tube and anybody else's?

what would make this GOOD above anybody else that has a bender and the same stick of tubing?

S&W comes with frame tie ins and is designed by an outfit that builds for the auto racing industry. It's design is certified .. and as for instructions, what more do you need than to know which tube goes where with the help of a grinder and a welder?

so what would make this "worth it" .. the fact that it is sold by some place that sell's Bronco stuff?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts