Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bronco is finally getting what she deserves....money spent on her!!!!!
Well here is what all I have bought and plan on installing this weekend.

1)New window motor roller bushings(just got them in tonight and the windows works again..yay)

2)Passenger and driver door lock actuators(see my other thread, I am having trouble:cry )

3)Accel Performance Ignition Coil 48,000volts

4)Accel Performance Rotor and Distributor Cap

5)Accel Extreme 9000 Plug Wires(spiral coper/nickel kevlar core, 500 ohms resistance, 600Farenheit wires, boots metallic coating can withstand 1200F, thes babys are top of the line and thick as hell)

6)Accel U-Groove Spark Plugs gapped to .55

7)K&N ghetto kit

8)New Putco Grill inserts for 87-91, this is the shizzit, never seen an F150 or BKO running this grill yet! Wait till you see it!

9)Keyless entry, remote start, alarm system

10)10.4 Flipdown T-View LCD Monitor with 1024x768 resolution

11)Sony Playstation 2 w/DVD player connected to said screen

12)2 Wireless headsets for video system

13)Tie video system into already installed audio system consisting of Kenwood Head unit, kenwood 10 disc cd changer, Pioneer 6 1/2's and 6x8's, Rockford Fosgate amp, 1 JL audio 12 inch sub

14)Install new spare tire carrier I bought from slamminsam.

15)Install new 32x11.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rover on New Eaglel Alloy 187 Rim and mount on spare tire carrier.

16)Rotate and balance tires and install new McGard wheel lock on all 5 wheels.

17)Install new Perma-Cool remote Transmission Filter(mine already has a tranny cooler since my BKO has the tow package)

18)Enjoy my now happy BKO and try to relax before another long work week.

So as you can see I have my work cut out for me, but my BKO's gonna love me for it. Do you think I can get it all done in one weekend? I dunno...it might have to continue into next weekend too. Hopefully she will cooperate with me:toothless

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You could have SAS'd the thing for that much

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ToddACimer said:
You could have SAS'd the thing for that much
Hey, hey, hey....... no low blows please:lowblow ..............I am a TTB man myself:brownbag :goodfinge :goodfinge

Well I spent all day today on finishing the power door lock actuators(read other thread here on that http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61998) and the remote start, keyless entry, and alarm sytem( wanted the alarm in before all the video equipment)

When I have a list of stuff to do I like to do the hardest first, then its all smooth sailing from there....hopefully.

Let me say that I read Mashori's write up on keyless entry install. but this is a little harder since it has a remote start and alarm system also. But for me the hardest part is the keyless entry.

I bought this system on ebay, heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-ALARM-REMOT...ryZ48611QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I also had to buy a "DLRM" from the seller to interface fords power door lock system. It cost me $84 including the shipping.

Well I ran into problems from the get-go. The ignition switch must be messed up on mine because the the PO installed a push button start. You still have to insert and turn the key, then press the button to start. So basically the wires I need to tap into have been altered. Right now it will remote start but the key has to be in and turned. I know which wire off the unit to hook up, but I cant seem to find the wire that goes to the ignition lock itself. The vehicle specific diagram lists the "supposed" colors of the wires and the locations, but of all the wires going up throught the column to the lock none are the color that the diagram shows. If I could get to the back of the lock itself then I could find the right wire, but I cant figure out how to get to the back of the lock. So right now it remote starts with the key in only because I dont have the ignition wire hooked up. But the alarm works, But I am also having problems with the keyless entry.

The seller told me I would need a "DLRM" because of fords weird power door lock system. But the instructions with it dont say the wire locations and the colors like all the rest of the system does. I have e-mailed the seller about this since his auction stated to buy from him since he can offer support and his prices were still competitive. The seller is a alarm tech himself and says this in the auction speaking of himself
"Am I buying something from a person who has 15 years installing mobile electronics, MECP certification, and who can supply me with tech tips, such as diode isolation wiring, or interfacing a GM PASSLOCK transponder system? Can recommend & supply any extra parts I may need? Can help troubleshoot any problems with the installation?"

So maybe he can help me with the door locks. The ignition thing I think I can figure it out myself. I just asked him about the wire colors and locations of the power door lock system, and if he had any recommendations on where to mount the shock sensor for the alarm.

So nothing to major and the majority of it is all done, its just a matter of connecting the door locks and finding the ign wire and then it will be done. Oh yeah and I need to bolt down the siren and mount the hood sensor for the alarm.

I wouldnt recommend this install for anyone who hasnt done much wiring before, or if you dont have much patience. If you think mashori's had alot of wires, this thing had probably about 30+ connections to make. Its a wiring nightmare if you havent did this sort of thing before. I went ahead and tried since I have 10+ years as an electronics technician.

Now if I can knock out the rest of the keyless entry in the AM, then all the rest should be smooth sailing since I have did all the rest before.

Oh and I left someting off my list. I also am replacing the headliner while installing the video screen.

So wish me luck, and I will try to get some pics when I'm done of it all!!!!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Hey Mog..If ya get too tied up in it and cant figure it out, let me know. My buddy works at Electronic Express as the master installer.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might have to take you up on that offer Bigbroncoxlt!!!

Heres the damage, all weekend and all I have done is the passenger window motor roller bearing replacement, finished that friday. If anyone has a window motor that doesnt roll up but you hear the motor spinning, its the roller bearings inside the motor. The factory ones are plastic, they disntergrate over time. Mine were in very tiny pieces all over inside the motor. I ordered the bearing kit off ebay for like 5 dollars shipped to my door, sure beats 80 dollars for a new motor, now it rolls up like new.

Got both power door lock actuators replaced...yay... now I can let a passenger in without trying to lean all the way over to the passenger door. And can lock it that easy too when exiting the BKO.

Now for what ate up all my time, the remote start/keyless entry/alarm system.

The Alarn system was no problem, the keyless entry gave me a few problems because the instructions for the door lock interface were vague. But I e-mailed the seller from ebay, who stated to buy from him because he has 15+ years experiience was not lying. He replied very quickly and got me straightened out. So I got the keyless entry working.

Now for whats been giving me fits, the damn remote start. It starts but I have to have the key in the igniton. The problem is the start portion of my ignition went out and the PO installed a pushbutton start. You still have to insert and turn the key than press the button and she starts.

I'm lost if I woulda had the normal ign without the pushbutton I would of had it done long ago. But no, something just had to be hard about it. I'm thinking I may have to get the ign keylock replaced so I can hook uo the remote start. Anyone have any ideas. How hard and expensive is it to to replace the ign keylock?

Well next weekend I will try to get all the rest done. Hopefully I wont run into any problems with the rest.

I was wondering what diameter pipe are people buying to fit the ghetto K&N filter?

And I hope to have some pics for everyone next weekend, this rig is gonna rock when I'm all done!!!:rockon

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The key switch is VERY easy to replace....as long as you have the original key to turn the switch.

All you need to do is turn the switch to the "run" position, then look up at the bottom of the key switch area, and you will see a small hole about 1mm or 2mm in diameter. You have to insert a pick up in there and hit the release button and pull the key switch outward. When you insert the new key switch with the new key in it...just give it a turn to the off position and it should just click right in.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does this replace just the switch contacts inside or does it replace the entire lock and need a new key? Where would I find one and how much do they cost?

My current switch when turned all the way to start does nothing, so they wired in the pushbutton. If that would replace the actual switch itself it would solve my problems with the remote start.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, this is whats done as of tonight.

Putco Grill Inserts.
Power door lock motors on both doors.
Rebuilt passenger window motor.
Keyless entry, remote start, and alarm is all go!!!:thumbup :chili:
New headliner.

I just bought a few more things I gotta do this weekend to add to my list.

Accel Performance Ignition Coil 48,000volts
Accel Performance Rotor and Distributor Cap
Accel Extreme 9000 Plug Wires
Accel U-Groove Spark Plugs gapped to .55
K&N ghetto kit
10.4 Flipdown T-View LCD Monitor with 1024x768 resolution
Sony Playstation 2 w/DVD player connected to said screen
2 Wireless headsets for video system
Tie video system into already installed audio system consisting of Kenwood Head unit, kenwood 10 disc cd changer, Pioneer 6 1/2's and 6x8's, Rockford Fosgate amp, 1 JL audio 12 inch sub
Install new spare tire carrier I bought from slamminsam.
Install new 32x11.5x15 Dunlop Mud Rover on New Eaglel Alloy 187 Rim and mount on spare tire carrier.
Rotate and balance tires and install new McGard wheel lock on all 5 wheels.
Install new Perma-Cool remote Transmission Filter
New Goodyear hose kit
New heater core
Flush cooling system
Change oil
Replace fuel filter

I think i can get most of it this weekend and whatever might be left will have to wait until the next weekend.

Well I will try to get some pics when I'm finished of it all. Its gonna be another funfilled weekend.

To bad the remotestart/keyless/alarm killed most of last weekend:cry

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, sorry I dont have teh pics yet, waiting to borrow a digi camera:toothless But Ive got it all done cept
Remote tranny filter
Fuel filter
New Mud Rover on Eagle 187 and spare tire rack(waiting on rack from SlamminSam)

Man the Accel ign stuff and the K&N Ghetto kit made a huge difference, its really got alot more get-up-and-go, and I dont even have the timing bumped up yet:thumbup

The flipdown video screen and the Playstation2 with DVD looks very sweet.

It sure was a good thing I replaced the hoses with the goodyear Hi-miller ones, because the lower radiator hose had a cut going all the way through, suprised it hadnt busted on me yet.

I also fixed a loose power steering hose. So that where all my ps fluid has been going:doh0715: And I rewired my rear window motor, I replaced the motor a year ago but there was a short in the wires. I would have to wiggle them around sometimes to get the window to go up.

So hopefully nextweekend or so I can get some pictures up for you guys, but rides all pimped out now, well cept for a 4 inch lift:thumbup

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Mogley, If you want rid of that pushbutton BS then check your ignition switch on the column (Not your tumbler and key)...Thats where the contacts and electrical connections take place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts