Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1161 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bronco's In Commercials and The Movies?

I was in the car wash yesterday and noticed a guy with a nice mid 80's Mercedes coupe. We struck up a conversation about the car and he said that he was on his way to a commercial shoot in NYC. He went on to say that he has this car registered with an agency that supplies vehicles to photographers who want them for commercials. He also told me that the typical fee for using his car was $1000 for a half day and $2000 for a full day. WOW! Have any of you vintage Bronco owners been solicited for this type of work?

·
Eric
2,583 Posts
I have been solicited for "work" involving cinematography, by someone in a mid-80's Mercedes, but it's not the kind you're asking about.

Nor was that amount of money being offered for my participation since they said they only needed me for 30 minutes.

Still.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ha Ha. OK you've had your fun. Meanwhile, I've investigated several businesses that do this procurement for photographers and movie studios. They maintain an inventory of vehicle owners and yes if you own something they want there is money to be made. But I guess you guys are all so flush with money that this post doesn't really interest you.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Early Broncos are all over the commercials, TV and movies. FSBs not so much now but I bet that turns around. My early Bronco Club just supported a new whiskey brand rollout in the Austin area. We supplied 3 Broncos to drive around Austin with large blow-up floats/rafts on the roofs - driving to pre-arranged tasting events at local liquor stores. The rafts had the whiskey logo printed on them - they were marketing to the Austin "lake lifestyle" folks. The advertising agency paid the Club $2000 for 1 day for all 3 Broncos plus they threw in a few bottles of their whiskey! The Bronco owners had a lot of fun doing it and made some money too!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
CajunBronco1, What I've discovered is that most of the photography industry is centered around LA, Chicago and NYC so you may find it hard to find anything locally. Look on the internet for movie vehicles or rent my car for a photo shoot........

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,057 Posts
I'd be game... as long as I'm the one behind the wheel. :toothless

One of my bro's was working as an on-set paramedic for North by Northwest and some other movie production companies when they'd hit the area. Was a cool gig for a time and he got to meet and work with a few of the famous folks. Chuck Norris, Antonio Banderas, Snoop Dog and Cuba Gooding, to name a few. Apparently Cuba was a massive whiny b!tch but Chuck, Antonio and Snoop were the awesome folks you'd expect. Said he even gave a little of my medical stash to Snoop when he was on set for a cameo. Real shame there wasn't enough work in the area to justify his costs to join up with the right "guild" to continue with the gig.

Being an amputee, I considered going out for a zombie part in the SyFy channels "Z-Nation" show that's shot in our area. Figured I'd be a "shoe-in" without a foot (pun intended), for playing a zombie or similar. In the end... decided against it.
In that same show... one of the guys who signed up but never really posted around here ( @Mudallica ) sold a lifted XJ-12 to them. It was used for 1/2 season as the main ride of bad-guy "The Man", in Season 3. Nice enough guy. Some cool rigs he had and got him to sign up but never heard a peep out of him and he moved out of the home he had off the highway, so I lost track of him.

Always thought it could be fun to play around behind the camera but I'm not one for putting up with overly arrogant people or workplace politics, so I never pursued anything. I'm broke as a joke, so I could use the money but in the end... I'd be more into the Bronco cameo stuff for fun, if there was anything around here with an interest. IF anyone got a real opportunity, I think it would make for an interesting story. Might be super cool for an FOTM / FOTY runner. ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had my '69 Mustang convertible used in a photo shoot once. Unfortunately, it wasn't for Mustang Monthly; it was for San Francisco Brides Magazine. They used my Mustang all day and dragged me from the Golden Gate Bridge all the way up to a run down farm in darkest Marin County. It was featured as the getaway car for the bridal story they were publishing. Got some shots of a really pretty brunette "bride" in my car and they put me up for the night in a seedy flea bag motel on Lombard St. I got to meet all the magazine "artistes" with all those affected scarves and sun glasses. I just wanted to have my car in print.

Attachments

·
Eric
2,583 Posts
A last-gen BKO was a driven vehicle in "Terminator Salvation" in the scene where they test the "shut-off" signal on a Hunter-Killer drone and a bricknose F-150 was in the scene where John Connor downs one of the crotch-rocket terminators to ride.

There have been several BKO's in scenes in "The Walking Dead."

It was interesting to see beat-up Broncos being used in the "apocalypse-scenario" movies/pictures. Shows that even something like my rig stands a chance. :toothless

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,882 Posts
I've never had any of my vehicles on film, but my sled made it onto a tv series.

Blocking sled that is. The type football players push around the field with a fat coach riding on it. :toothless

I was the football coach at a small poor high school. And a lot of our gear was old, including that sled. The show was American Dreams, set in the 60s, and our old sled fit the bill. How they found us I have no clue. I forget what they wanted to pay, but I held out for a new set of pads for the sled. It got a new paint job & old style pads for the show, then nice new modern pads when it came back. It worked out well for us.

Yeah, I might be interested in a Bronco cameo if they wanted a run of the mill bricknose with a campbell's soup paint scheme.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ever notice how many Broncos you see in the Tv show about the hispanic biker gang 'Mayans' ??
....A Kurt Sutter product, same guy who did sons of anarchy

·
36,057 Posts
Heard they're were quite a few but I don't like listening to Spanish or sub-titles, so I haven't watched any of the Mayan show.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My 78 was in a Softopper promotional video. Seems like they’ve changed it up a bit from a few years ago though. They had it for a day, paid for the gas and paid me $150. This was after they used mine as the 78-79 Softopper test mule, so I got a free $1000 Softopper out of the deal, too.

·
36,057 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LA 92

Not to far in there's an eyewitness news blue bricknose with front mounted spare.

At the beginning of the protests a blue lifted bricknose drives by.

A little while later you can spot the roof of a white Bronco with grey top.

·
36,057 Posts
VENOM

Not in the movie but we just got the BlueRay disk and if you watch the deleted scenes, you'll notice a blue 5th gen prominently in the background during a cut fight scene. Movie was better than I expected too... but I've always been a fan of the Anti-Hero character, even though this flick was way off canon.

1101 - 1120 of 1161 Posts