Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration, the wife and I have decided to list the house and are relocating to the Denver area. I was recently offered and have accepted a position as a project director for a large commercial restoration company. We are very excited for this opportunity and can't wait to see what the next chapter of our crazy lives bring. The position comes with a much needed increase in salary, a matching 401K, a better benefits package, and even truck and phone allowances. This blessing should allow me to take the Bronco on up to the next level even sooner than I originally planned. I am so thankful and can't hardly wait to take in all of the great wheeling locations, camping sites and beautiful scenery. Bronco's West!!!

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
I lived in Colorado(Loveland)for 9 years and loved it. It truly is a outdoors mans dream.
Good luck on your journey!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Congrats on the move! I moved out to the Denver area in 1997 from a state I don't talk about anymore. Good luck in the new job!:thumbup

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,716 Posts
Hey! That's AWESOME news. Congratulations to u and your wife. How soon are they hoping to have u there? I know this is going to sound odd, but is there a family dog? If yes u might want to talk to your vet about what to expect with the altitude change and how it might affect them. I know it's not something most owners usually think of with the chaos of a big move, but dogs of a certain age or chronic illness can sometimes be thrown for a bad loop with the change.
Anywho... Keep us updated :thumbup and may the Gods bless your journey :smile2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just me and the wife @BroncMom - thank you for the well wishes!

Hey! That's AWESOME news. Congratulations to u and your wife. How soon are they hoping to have u there? I know this is going to sound odd, but is there a family dog? If yes u might want to talk to your vet about what to expect with the altitude change and how it might affect them. I know it's not something most owners usually think of with the chaos of a big move, but dogs of a certain age or chronic illness can sometimes be thrown for a bad loop with the change.
Anywho... Keep us updated :thumbup and may the Gods bless your journey :smile2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got around to doing the out of state title transfer. Colorado required that I have a vin verification ran ($14.65) and then presented the Texas title, filled out a fact statement saying it was a gift from my dad in Texas and I received my 60 day Colorado temp plate. I have to (finger's crossed) pass an emissions test ($25) and then plates and registration should only be around $80 - Feels good to not have to roll dirty : )

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo Jeremy Cooksey,
Congratulations!
We relocated quite a few times with happiness. The negative aspects were trivial.

One tip on the Emission test, it has been said that the fuel tank cap seal is often a fail (rumored to increase an inspector's job performace rating), so be prepared to acquire a new cap with seal. When in NJ, the gas cap test was done very quickly with reading obscured by hhe contracted inspector. He failed nearly all vehicles that day.

"Gas cap
  • A properly functioning gas cap is an essential part of the vehicle's emissions control system. A missing or leaking gas cap will cause the vehicle to fail the emissions test.
  • We require a full retest when the vehicle fails initially for a missing or defective gas cap. Replacing the gas cap will affect the vehicle's emissions control capability and may increase its tailpipe emissions."
by Automobile Inspection Program frequently requested information

Good fotune in Colorado!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The Denver area is the only part of CO requiring emissions testing. Used to do it here in El Paso County (Colorado Springs), but stopped about 20 years ago.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo Jeremy Cooksey,
Congratulations!
We relocated quite a few times with happiness. The negative aspects were trivial.

One tip on the Emission test, it has been said that the fuel tank cap seal is often a fail (rumored to increase an inspector's job performace rating), so be prepared to acquire a new cap with seal. When in NJ, the gas cap test was done very quickly with reading obscured by hhe contracted inspector. He failed nearly all vehicles that day.

"Gas cap
  • A properly functioning gas cap is an essential part of the vehicle's emissions control system. A missing or leaking gas cap will cause the vehicle to fail the emissions test.
  • We require a full retest when the vehicle fails initially for a missing or defective gas cap. Replacing the gas cap will affect the vehicle's emissions control capability and may increase its tailpipe emissions."
by Automobile Inspection Program frequently requested information

Good fotune in Colorado!
Finally got around to taking the Bronco in for emission testing and the old girl passed with flying colors. Bronco's title has finally been transferred to my name, she is registered, insured and legally licensed and on the road for the first time in forever. No more rolling dirty. Insured the Bronco through Hagerty and the cost came in at only $395 for the entire year!

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo Jeremy Cooksey,
It's a good day in the hood!

What coverage did you get from Hagerty?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts