i do believe i need some flares now

side view with the boggers sittin low in the rear

steering angles

86 one ton springs

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats all the pics for now. the plans for the next couple days is to swap out the trans cross member in hopes to clear my front drive shaft. if not make it work
shackle flip the rear and level it off.
measure for shocks
redo the rear cab mount
wire in the new fuel gauge
cut the fenders
make some kind of fender flare and mud flaps for legal purposes
possible move the rear axle back
wheel the hell out of it of course
redo the rear shock mounts

future plans
tube style flat bed
full exo the front
new bumpers
redo the interior
and fix anything i break along the way:toothless

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,514 Posts
id put some sort of a bed on it and angle it and make it like the guys that cut the dove tail out of the bkos

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking somthing kinda like the allpro flat bed for toyotas

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lookin' Good! Lots of work done there.
yea almost lost interest in it a couple times but now that it runs and drives im glad i stuck with it

Awesome rig!:rockon
Looks great! That bed is cool too but add some steel storage bins on the side would work too.
yea at the very least i want to put the tool box ive got now on with the tube bed

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i cut the fenders and bumper and installed it today. no pics of the cut fenders yet tho

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i forgot to add that to the list of things i want to do. if i upgrade it before i break em ill have spares for my 97 f250 power stoke with a 60 up front too.

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
small update i got some mud flaps for free yesterday to make some cheesy fender flares to make it street legal. also changed trans cross member and installed the front ds hopefully tomorrow ill take it out and find some mud or a trail to play on

cut fenders

the cheap fender flares and mud flaps

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i went out sunday and played in some mud had some fun and learned how quick boggers and ruin your day i ended up deeper once i hooked onto my diesel mud completely covered the axles

managed to break a tow strap which then shattered the mirror on my diesel

also bent the crap out of the tow hooks on the bronco

then i finally got ahold of my buddy whose f2fiddy never disappoints (the only pic i have of his truck is from last winter)

so this is what ive got now a broken mirror, tow hook, and a strap i need to replace yay im starting to hate mud

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
yep, mud and deep water suck. I'd not be 4 wheeling if that were what I had. I remember the days cleaning afterward. And I'd still have mud caked in places underneath years later. Deep water wasted my first rig, so basically I avoid both. If it's just an offroad rig, fine, leave it all dirty, but otherwise there is so much cleaning beyond hubs, radiator and what not.

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea its just an offroad toy for the most part. it was that lil reservoir or another res or goin back to where i rolled it. all of which are within 30 mins of the house

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,278 Posts
That'll teach ya!lol:beer It is fun but as said there is a week of clean up after a few hours play.
Breaking stuff is par for the course.Glad that broken strap didn't recoil on your arm or worse.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you can find a way to clean it before you come home, you will not have to spend so much time to clean up. fresh mud comes off rather easily, and quickly.
I can clean my trucks off, inside and out in less than 30 mins regardless of how much mud I have found.
This takes a decent size pump, and ample supply of water. Volume is the key, and having enough supply to meet the demand makes clean up quick and easy.

On that note, you have found that you are also going to require some larger recovery equipment. Cant get cheap in this area, because as you can see, it will fail. Bigger trucks require larger recovery equipment.

Big truck with big tires, will require big clean up. However the fun is reward is huge. Fun is huge, and it only gets better.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts