Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know I traded for Nascarfreek88's tires 38x15.5x16.5 radial super swampers. Gotta do some work to the stock bronco before they will fit, but rest assured I am working on it. They were dropped off on Friday, arrived today!!!!

Sorry for the crappy pics, cell phone was the only camera I had.

On the back of the GF's tacoma. Got some funny looks, and a big thumbs up from some guy driving a jeep on what looked like 32's. I hope he wasn't tryng to give me that jeep thing. They actually fit pretty well.

IN the garage to give some scale, and make me feel all warm and fuzzy:beer:chili:...

Funny enough the part of the shipping was my valentines gift from the GF:thumbup.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Nice tires, always liked the look of the radial tsl's. Hopefully they will last you a good while on the road

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
also, i love those wheels. Of course, my bronco is 2 tone white/blue so it would look good. Brown bronco might look better with black wheels.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like them. Nice find. Now I just gotta find a deal on some tires and rims that I need. What size lift you gonna run? Still on ttb I assume?
Planned 6 suspension, 3 body. But that is now in question. Only problem with buying the tires is it now almost makes me have to upgrade the axels.....

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea..if you run those on a ttb you're gonna have to be gentle with it so you won't break anything. But it could be a good reason to upgrade axles... :toothless
Thinking d44 SAS upfront, and d60 or 10.25 out back. Not sure of which route I am going to go with the rear, or where the money is going to come from. But with someone who is new to 4x4's this is going to be one helluva learning experience. Little scared I am getting in to deep, but I am sure my FSB.com brothers will help me through it.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
if you have a heavy right foot or you wanting to do the SAS more on the cheap, i would skip the d44 and go for a d60 up front. with 38s and stocks shafts (not to mention the possibility of a locker or spool) that d44 is gonna be begging for mercy. Look at how much crap Todd has broken.

if you are a light on the skinny pedal or won't offroad that much, the d44, or maybe even the ttb will workout good.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,296 Posts
if you have a heavy right foot or you wanting to do the SAS more on the cheap, i would skip the d44 and go for a d60 up front. with 38s and stocks shafts (not to mention the possibility of a locker or spool) that d44 is gonna be begging for mercy. Look at how much crap Todd has broken.

if you are a light on the skinny pedal or won't offroad that much, the d44, or maybe even the ttb will workout good.
I second that notion... In my OPINION, the D44 straight isn't any stronger than the TTB. The only things I've broke in the front have been spiders and TRE's, those would have broke on a straight D44 anyways...

I'm not very gentle on mine and it's still holding up well to the 39.5's :beer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts