Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a brush guard for Christmas for my 86 full-size Bronco. I wasn't able to loosen the bolts holding the number on with a regular socket wrench, so I moved on to an air wrench. The nuts loosened just enough to allow the bolt to spin in circles. I currently have the tow hooks on the front so theres no way to hold the bolt which is a flat bolt anyway. What do I do?

-Tyler

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Heat them,lube them,beat them try something but dont double/cross post

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
double post means post the same thing twice. Cross post is the same thing in 2 different forums.

I'd guess you're not removing them properly. How about a pic of what you're trying to do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I did was start to loosen the nut and the bolt started spinning too. It seems like the bolt should be fixed in there somehow to make it stay still so I figured maybe it stripped whatever is supposed to be holding the bolt.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
couldnt you put a wrench on the bolt and a socket and ratchet on the nut or is that too easy?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
tack weld the bolts in place and crank on the nut

·
Banned
18,425 Posts
dogonmut
You're in rare form tonight :D - slurping down the cappucinos??? :twak

tyseery
Buy a 4 1/2" angle grinder & a couple of 1/4" metal grinding wheels. This shows a bumper with push-bumperettes; those without got chrome-headed carriage bolts.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
have some one wedge a pry bar, or something of that nature, between the hooks and the frame to apply pressure to the back of the bolt to get it off thats how i got the teeth off the front of my truck, hope it works out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts