Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... here it is, I've been teasing for the last week or so. Finally got off my butt and took some pics...

Partially used lift. Front coils are used, rear leafs are new - 6" Procomp springs, instead of 4" springs with blocks. I spent almost $500 for the springs. I got all Skyjacker shocks - forgot the stabilizer shock - from the Skyjacker "scratch and dent" off eBay. New Energy Suspension poly bushings.

Axles are 4.56s front and rear, with a full spool.

DO NOT like the spool or 4.56s. Didn't choose it... bought the axles from a friend... someone on here, haha. ;) Gonna put my 3.55 chunk back in the rear. I've got a vibration I didn't have before, but the tires have never been balanced when we put them on the wheels. I'm gonna put the 35s back on my turbines. :thumbup

So yeah, shut up and lookit the pics....

Kind of intimidating stance. :)

We only have this rock wall for climbing on, haha... Brother has been wanting to tear it out...

Does anybody realize how far it is from the ground to my seat in this picture? One should always put the driver's side on the low side of rock wall climbing, especially when one is only 5'6"... :toothless I had to drag one of those big cement blocks down and turn it so I could stand on it and get back in the damn truck....

I refused to climb in on the passenger side them stumble and fall all the way over to the driver's seat...

Stock with 35s

[If that doesn't work, supermotors is being stupid!]

4"s and 35s.

Ok and a short Vid of the exhaust.. :)

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
looks nice mels, What kind vibration you having? is it driveline or alignment?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Same tires in the pics with the 4" and 6" lift? Did you pull any measurements at the wheel wells before and after? Curious to see how much it actually raised it as I plan to do 6" on mine.

Your exhaust sounds very similar to my 400.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks nice mels, What kind vibration you having? is it driveline or alignment?
I'm pretty sure its in the tires. It had death wobble before, which is gone, but now its got the tire vibe. Those wheels were off road a few times before I bought them used, so there's no telling if one of them is warped. Like I said, they have NEVER been balanced. We mounted the tires on the wheels in the yard, lol. So yeah, I'm gonna put them back on my turbines and then check for the vibe. I also feel something in the rear end, a very very slight grinding I think.

Same tires in the pics with the 4" and 6" lift? Did you pull any measurements at the wheel wells before and after? Curious to see how much it actually raised it as I plan to do 6" on mine.

Your exhaust sounds very similar to my 400.
Exact same tires and wheels before and after. 35x12.5s. There is definitely more clearance. I've put it on that wall before and those front tires scrubbed BAD.

I didn't think to measure the wheel wells before and after and I meant to.. really, cause I know there is SO much talk about stock vs 4" lift with 35s. Honestly Scott, if you're going with a 35/36" tire, I think 4" is fine. I know you're not gonna wheel yours... and my brother actually said now the 35s look a little small to him.

Your exhaust does sound the same, but yours is a bit more lopey... that cam I've got is a .519 lift.

Long time no talk,

bronco sounds mean! love it!
And just WHERE have you been? :haha

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Scott I had 4" lift, 35" bfg MT's wheeled the piss with no sway bars and the tires never touched the fenders. let me see if I can find a pic or 2

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
I have every thing for a 6" lift other than the back, was going to do the shackle flip. When you get a chance Melissa just give me a measurement from the ground to rear wheel well please. I think mine would look a little better with the 6" lift on it.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
[/QUOTE]And just WHERE have you been? :haha[/QUOTE]

life has been busy, house, kid, dogs, now its time to get back in into what I loved, bronco's. I found a 82 locally that was from Arizona, but I backed out. wrong time, blah blah.

eyes are out, looking basically for a 78-86 to restore and mod

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have every thing for a 6" lift other than the back, was going to do the shackle flip. When you get a chance Melissa just give me a measurement from the ground to rear wheel well please. I think mine would look a little better with the 6" lift on it.
Hell, if you've got everything, then go with it. That's basically the same reason I went 4", cause a friend helped me out with the stuff I needed. *shrug*

I'll try to remember to get a measurement for you...

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Why not keep the gears? Get rid of the spool, buy an open carrier, and keep the gearing. Trust me you will hate 35's and 3.55's. Other than that, lookin real good!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been running 35s on the 3.55s for awhile. It wasn't that bad. I think something like 3.91-4.10s would be better, but the 4.56s are TOO much... The engine was turning like 2500rpm at like 45mph or something... hard to tell since my speedo doesn't work, lol. Need to try brother's GPS one day and check the speed.

But yeah, the 4.56s are too much.

Oh and it seems I was busy answering questions and lost my manners.

Thank you for the compliments and comments. :) I still love this old Bronco a lot. Even more than my '66 sometimes. There's just something soothing about driving it.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,344 Posts
I've been running 35s on the 3.55s for awhile. It wasn't that bad. I think something like 3.91-4.10s would be better, but the 4.56s are TOO much... The engine was turning like 2500rpm at like 45mph or something... hard to tell since my speedo doesn't work, lol. Need to try brother's GPS one day and check the speed.

But yeah, the 4.56s are too much.
I would totally encourage the 4.10's for good DD and OffRoad performance. I know when I swapped in the set from Andy on Stoney w/35's I was stoked. Still handled highway comfortably and the gearing took me any place I asked, short of flipping over. ;) just food for thought.

really good to see Brutus up and grunting again! Almost had to go out and get a vid of the plow-beast to share... gotta love that rumble! :rockon

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
Bronco is awesome looking and sounds bad ass, i really like the old ones time to start looking.

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
Looking great mels!!! :rockon

Cough cough seems like someone said 4.56's are steep for 35's..:toothless

I bet it would be awesome in the mud..:thumbup

Should be 2900ish RPM's at 65 MPH..

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Truck looks great!

Makes me want to find a '78 or '79 now. Just what I need, another financial black hole in the driveway. :whiteflag

On a side note, what is this new to me info?

I would totally encourage the 4.10's for good DD and OffRoad performance. I know when I swapped in the set from Andy on Stoney w/35's I was stoked. Still handled highway comfortably and the gearing took me any place I asked, short of flipping over. ;) just food for thought.
Cough cough seems like someone said 4.56's are steep for 35's..:toothless

I bet it would be awesome in the mud..:thumbup

Should be 2900ish RPM's at 65 MPH..
I thought 4.56 was ideal for 35's and E4OD, and that is what I was planning to switch to.

4.10's would be a better switch from 3.55's?

I thought that would be almost too small of a change to invest in?

And here I was about to drive on over to Mels and wave $$ to get that 4.56 chunk. Of course I'd also have to go wave $$ at the junkyard to get a 9" :doh0715:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts