Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Austrailan Bronco | 4x4 | 351C | C6 3spd Column Shift | Manual Transfer | Manual Hubs
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first Bronco. A 1981 4x4 with 351C and C6 auto. It's just gone around the clock so done around 104,000km.

I sold my 2015 Ford Falcon FGX with a supercharged 5.0L to buy this - have wanted a Bronco since I was a teenager.

Expect a bunch of dumb questions as I start to tidy up a few things here and there. Generally its in great condition for its 39 years of age though!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,357 Posts
Welcome @FuDog ! Its good to have you aboard! All questions are welcome and we hope we can help you as much as we can.

I am not sure how much help we will be since your truck has the steering wheel on the wrong side and all...... but we will see what we can do for you ;)

Nice to have a new member from down under !!

·
Super Moderator
24,685 Posts
Yo FuDog,
Welcome to our Big Bronco site!
No worry about dumb questions, all keep us logging in here.?

1981 Bronco Brochure - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Fasteners by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Carburetors, Chokes & EFI by Gary

1980-1986 Bronco/F Series Specifications by Gary @ Axle Ratios - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

Differences in 1980-1986 Bronco/F Series by Gary

➡ 1981 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), partial via Gary @ 1981 EVTM - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)

EEC III Testing, etc @ Wayback Machine by Tommy

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

1981 Bronco Advertisement @ Ads0002.jpg

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
Includes good stuff such as Tailgate Tech!

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your7 information in the text editor and click save.

Our site FAQs includes for example: How To Upload Images To Posts, How to Use Search and more tips!

Find some time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.)⚠

Al

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice Bronco! Lots of good information in these forums...I'm just getting started on a restoration project on a 96 as well.

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the very nice 81!

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
769 Posts
Welcome! Are there many Bronco s in Oz?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,395 Posts
Welcome aboard...... damn I want to export one unless the one’s from America only south are right hand drive. That’s cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's a nice looking Bronco! Welcome!

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,210 Posts
Nice looking rig! Mine was that same color scheme when I first got it. Looks like it’s in super shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1981 Austrailan Bronco | 4x4 | 351C | C6 3spd Column Shift | Manual Transfer | Manual Hubs
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Are there many Bronco s in Oz?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
There would be thousands of them here, or at least would have been. Broncos were built here in Melbourne at Ford's plant in Broadmeadows from 81-87. Anything outside those years is an imported car from the US and much less common. I'm not sure how many were built during those years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome aboard...... damn I want to export one unless the one’s from America only south are right hand drive. That’s cool.
Definitely a right hand drive :)

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
769 Posts
There would be thousands of them here, or at least would have been. Broncos were built here in Melbourne at Ford's plant in Broadmeadows from 81-87. Anything outside those years is an imported car from the US and much less common. I'm not sure how many were built during those years.
Cool,Dog,

welcome to the brotherhood!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts