Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a few cut and turns now for friends and my bronco now I am going to do a 4" wider. Once I am done widening them I will put them on my jig and cut and turn them. I did not have too much time yesterday I got the p/s widened but I still have to plate the front and back of it and cut and turn it. Once they are done I will have new axles made.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see the end product!

Nice bronco too!! Noob question but when you turn them are you cutting them at the knuckle end to do so?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cut the and move the lower ball joint out like the third pic shows then I plate it all in

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get a picture of them after they are welded I would not do them off of measuring. I would only do these in a jig

·
Registered
167 Posts
The driver and passender side "turn" is different so just saying 7/8 would be bad. I made a jig very easily which usues the knuckle and beam end to make sure everyhting is correct and I use 0deg cams with the jig that way its dead on for camber in the jig and then you have a couple degrees of adjustment with the cam depending on which one/type is used.

Im diggin these so far! I had to double take becuase they look so much like the ones i build in the beginning stages. Welding looks superb! Very nice to see someone who knows the value of a good weave pattern. Too many people are trigger shootin these days or "loop and swoop" or whatever they call that crap. Keeping the heat in the joint and not doubling back means 100percent root penetration and less or no inclusions. Well done sir! too bad so many others dont understand this

·
Registered
150 Posts
The driver and passender side "turn" is different so just saying 7/8 would be bad. I made a jig very easily which usues the knuckle and beam end to make sure everyhting is correct and I use 0deg cams with the jig that way its dead on for camber in the jig and then you have a couple degrees of adjustment with the cam depending on which one/type is used.

Im diggin these so far! I had to double take becuase they look so much like the ones i build in the beginning stages. Welding looks superb! Very nice to see someone who knows the value of a good weave pattern. Too many people are trigger shootin these days or "loop and swoop" or whatever they call that crap. Keeping the heat in the joint and not doubling back means 100percent root penetration and less or no inclusions. Well done sir! too bad so many others dont understand this

TY for the clarification. Still new to the whole cut and turn concept on a TTB, much different than the cut and turn i'm use to doing on a VW bug front end.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I no I still have to build a truss for it, cut and turn, then once I get my axles clock the third member

·
Registered
94 Posts
You 4x4 guys have it made, with your fancy stamped beams. You can cut em up and weld em back together however you want. I can't do anything to my cast I-beams on my 2wd.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You 4x4 guys have it made, with your fancy stamped beams. You can cut em up and weld em back together however you want. I can't do anything to my cast I-beams on my 2wd.
Yea but you 2 wheel drive guys have monster travel in the front compared to the TTB (sorry when its setup right :histerica)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Build set of beams using Dana 44 ends 2 wheel drive guys have it easy plus you don't have to deal with rear driveshaft problems

1 - 20 of 38 Posts