Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am a PDR tech and at one of my accounts, the owner was selling off a bunch of old vehicles they had piled up in the back. I knew there was a Bronco and a 96 F150 Flareside 4X4 back there and I have been waiting for this moment to buy both. So we worked out a deal, $800 for both! He also threw in a 95 F250 parts truck. Now remember these have been sitting for at least 2 years and the Bronco had no top. SO they were far from great condition!

So, I got them pulled out of the back and cleaned them up. My intentions from the beginning were to clean up the F150 and sell it and recoup all of my money or possibly make a profit. Both the F150 & Bronco needed new batteries, after installing them they fired right up and sounded and ran great!
The F150 needed a door and fender, which I pulled off the F250 and installed. I bought a set of 31/1050/15 rims and tires for $100 and installed them. I also did a quick detail. This was all done around Thanksgiving. My brother in law was over for Thanksgiving dinner and I was showing him picks of the Bronco & F150 and next thing you know I had the F150 sold for $1200!!!
At that point I was up $300 and had a free Bronco! I than started to pull the rest of the parts from the F250, it had a Warn bumper with Ramsey winch (that did not work) I sold that for $300. Pulled the hood for my Bronco and the grill with all the lights. So now I have an extra $600 in my pocket and a FREE Bronco........

So now onto the main reason I am posting this thread.......
I plan on building this Bronco as my Hunting/Camping/Long Range shooting rig. I will be building custom front & rear high clearance bumpers. Full removable roof rack that attaches to the rear bumper for added weight displacement. It will also have built in ladders on each side. I will be using the roof rack as a platform to shoot off of and sleep!

It is a 1990 Bronco XLT with only 85,000 original miles. 351w and has floor mounted transfer case shifter and manual hubs. Has a clean BOX "A" Arizona title, which means original miles!!!! The previous owners also started to convert it to a 92-96 frontend, they installed new fenders, core support and used hood. I needed to pull the rest of the parts of the F250 to complete the conversion. It also has a 4" or 6" ProComp lift.

When I bought the Bronco it had been sitting in the yard with no top and the windows down, so you can imagine how dirty it was. The seats had been taken out by another employee that had a Bronco and he put his old CRAPPY vinyl/leather seats in my Bronco. But surprisingly the rest of the interior is in great condition, the dash has no cracks, carpet other than being dirty is in great condition, door panels are also in great condition.
The outside was painted with cheap bedliner spray paint, that will come off! The rear tire carrier was also taken by the same employee that took my interior. It doesn't stop there, he also took the rear window and seat belts! SOME PEOPLE! It had 33/12.50/15 wheels and tires on it, which were in OK shape. So that is how it sat when I bought it.

First week of ownership....
Time to buy some parts....
I found a used top for $70. I bought a factory tire carrier assembly and rear window with motor for $50. My biggest score I think, I found a set of like NEW front seats and center console for $60!!! The seats are pretty much brand new! I had my upholstery guy redo my rear seat to match the front seats. I also picked up a set of used 80% tread left (6) 35/12.50/15 General Grabber Red wheels & tires for $500. Sold the wheels and tires that were on the Bronco for $300. I found a Bronco at a local junkyard and ripped out every nut, bolt & screw that I might need. Picked up some new lock cylinders for the doors. So at this point I was done buy parts and needed to get to cleaning this filthy pig!!

I tore the entire interior out, carpet, door panels, rear panels, headliner. I than degreased the entire interior, that way when I reinstall everything there will be no funky smells! I degreased and pressure washed the carpets, they have now been drying for about 2 weeks! My plan over Christmas is to degrease, clean and re-die all the interior panels grey again. They are a little faded from the sun. I will also redo the headliner.
I will post pics later today.

This is pretty much where I am at right now. LOTS more to come!

·
Super Moderator
23,930 Posts
Yo mykdee,
Welcome!
Congratulations on the fantastic deals!!!
Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BzRTW4yeT2u4UkhzR0ZydDd3MzA?usp=sharing&tid=0BzRTW4yeT2u4NXB6NW5neFRoZGc
Find page # of item desired in contents, then flip screen down like spinning a thumbwheel, then stopping periodically to see what page you are on.
Suggest you download for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure, partial by El Kabong @ 1990 Ford Bronco Brochure pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Signature with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar and then select “Account Settings” from the drop down menu.

From your “Account Settings” page you will then see more navigation option of the left side. Select “Signature”.

Now you can simply enter your signature information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/help/faq/
Includes for example:
How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search
See more tips!

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB and Wiring Diagrams Database End-User License Agreement

See our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Looking forward to seeing pics and your 90s progress.
Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have got a lot of work done to it in the last few weeks. But, we need some money and I must now sell it.
0798633E-051E-4EEC-9BD8-61894E140753.jpeg
3AF4B62C-9E4B-4CDF-84A3-F5B586804EEE.jpeg
AE4B3529-18D8-47FD-B565-ABB687984DEB.jpeg
3AF4B62C-9E4B-4CDF-84A3-F5B586804EEE.jpeg
AE4B3529-18D8-47FD-B565-ABB687984DEB.jpeg
40FF934B-C398-4A65-B6A5-2E671848AD92.jpeg
CFCBC3A6-57F3-4892-864C-AE628B096DD2.jpeg
DCE6C114-7855-4F67-AD05-7ED7DFAECEE2.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
23,930 Posts
Yo mykdee,
It looks very good with the paint job!

Tought luck on the $ situation.

If you plan to sell on Craigslist, you may include a link with your ad if you'd like, in addition to posting the Required for Sale Details here, directly on FSB.

New Members with less than 75 posts CANNOT view or create new threads in FOR SALE section. All due to spammers who preyed on our members.
Posting vehicles, parts or other items for sale or wanted are not allowed anywhere else in this site.
GL!
Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts