Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have the bronco, now I'm wondering what mod's I should do to it to make a decent wheeling rig out of it. It already has 6 inches of lift and I'm currently running 35x12.5's, and I may upgrade to a larger tire down the line. I know I'll need a rear locker, and probable some chromoly axleshafts. Are there any stronger steering boxes available? I will do a shackle reversal in the rear with the F450 shackles (already looked into it), does this require drilling new mounting holes in the frame? Also, has anyone here used the heavy duty tierods from JBG?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
My '78 has managed the 38.5s for quite a few years now with mainly just axle upgrades (Auburn LS 9" with Superior axles, D44 Trak Lok LS (shimmed) with Yukon axles.) The steering box is tough enough..tapping it and adding ram assist is the simplest cheap improvement you can do there. The brakes need help...a junkyard-special Lincoln hydroboost setup makes a huge improvement there.

Oh..and you need to fix yr sig. There's 351Ms and there's 400s...but there never was a 400M.:toothless

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
bmc69 said:
Oh..and you need to fix yr sig. There's 351Ms and there's 400s...but there never was a 400M.:toothless
Says who, my 400 is "modified" :box0715: Happy be mean to bunnies day there bud................

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
OX1 said:
Says who, my 400 is "modified" :box0715: Happy be mean to bunnies day there bud................
Same back atya pal. See you in a month or so..we'll see who can break the most chit with our 400s this season:toothless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts