Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official FSB beer drinker
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bumper took about a year to get to where i'm at today. Every other month or so I'd get a couple of hours to work on it and then it would sit. Now that's it's almost done I figured I'd share

going for something like this

Shackle mounts

The bend was a touch off so I had to re-clock the tube using 1-3/4" DOM as a slug

Front bull bar tube and also the ends of the lower tube are capped

Exposed weakness

No more

Plating the sides for more surface area to mount tubing to

Some added strength to the outside corners

I built a welding table big enough for the bumper to sit on comfortably.

Then started with welding and clean-up

Adding some more diamond plate

Pretty much all cleaned up at this point

Primed

and painted

Iv'e gota good amount of feedback from friends and they think the corner diamond plate hangs to low. The also said that they would like to see the diamond plate go all the way out but that's not really feasable with the tube bending before the edge. The diamond plate would have to be arched and I don't think I can make it look good enough to put on to the bumper.

Also, It's time for lights! I have 2 6" ones but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with them. Here's some options

And here's if I got 1 more

2 more

and 3 more!

Let me kow what you think
Thanks

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Nice bumper. I agree to cutting the corners off of the diamond plate.
I say two lights on the bumper maybe closer together.

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for building it... I was wondering what that style bumper would look like on mine...
The problem really was that I started a year ago wanting a tube bumper and then twards the end I was looking into a boxier style bumper. I merged the two and this is what it came out like.

This is what the front bumper could look like when it's trimmed.

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Yep. You should trim right along the angled tube on this side.

That piece of plate will get caught on something while backing up and bend
anyway.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Yep improve your off center approach angle.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You really need to be brave to post a bumper here, it is a tough crowd, lol.
It looks pretty good though. I think the checker should at least taper up to the end(sides) of the bumper to finish it off.

WOW! I don't even see the seem on the left side, what did you do, bend it the opposite way?

·
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's a good question. It was almost a year ago I did it so I can't really remember. Maybe I used two different 90* bends or something. It's nice and rusty too!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
This is a nice bumper, just wondering if you ever fixed the outer diamond plate? i think it would be nice to see it cut at an angle and perhaps then you could extend it out more. Definitely on my list of things to copy and modify :toothless If you dont mind :beer

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,285 Posts
The bumper is good looking it's your half doors I am getting a chubby over

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.