Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Going pretty well. Got the radius arm bracket detached, shocks and spring off, to radius arm bolt out - used 1-1/8” trailer ball box end on it, both legs, both arms, all the back I have left and it finally yielded. Working on the lower one now. Hardest part of the job so far but other than that not bad at all.

I am following the BDS/JBG instructions and One thing I noticed that is different than how most people do it is they tell you to remove and replace the radius arms first and then put the Spring in all while on the Jack and then take out the axle housing bolt and install lowering bracket. That way you never have to deal with the whole weight of the axle it’s always partially attached to the truck and I imagine it helps with alignment as well.

I unhooked the stock brake hose and pinched it off with a pair of vise grips to keep it from running everywhere.
I have new extender hoses that I’ll put on close to the end of the job.

Instead of fighting with running extensions down through the coil spring I just cut it off with the angle grinder and a cut off wheel.

You can get to the top of the bottom radius arm bolt that goes up through the axle housing to shoot it with some PB blaster right next to where the axle shaft goes.

Here’s where I’m at now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Note: I highly recommend breaking all bolts and nuts free before removing the frame brackets. It would have been more effective without everything floating around.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
First arm in. Make sure you check your wheelbase measurement. Back hole of arm bracket attaches to tranny cross member bolt. Some broncos need adjustment. Instructions give a measure from body mount to bracket holes to check. Mine didn’t match those measurements but my wheelbase measures correct so I’m going with it as is.

Leave everything just snugged until you get it all together so you can wiggle to fit as needed.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Drivers side apart. Spring in on pass and arm bracket located. Pretty droopy

It was 26.5 with stock spring hub to fender, it’s now 32.5. I’ll be interested to see how much if any I lose once I put the shocks on. Going to try to get to this point on the drivers side tonight and call it quits for the day. I’m running out of steam

61 - 77 of 77 Posts