Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around a bit for a bullnose bumper i like and haven't really found any special style so I just made a rough mini model in my spare time. Its not very pretty. Basically just had a welder and grinder to work with, no small tools. If I do it again I will make it bigger so its easier to weld.
But yalls get the idea. Its what I would use as a baseline if I built my own, just putting my ideas up if anyone else is thinkin about building one...
Watta ya think about it?

Attachments

Reactions: packagerjr

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,368 Posts
Looks a lot like the old ARB bumper available for 87-91s. Almost exactly. And i like it.

Reactions: Rpatt2612

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Me too. I need something like that but where I can bolt a winch in.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,650 Posts
I like it too. I’m going to be building one for mine as well. That’s really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1991Bronco 5.8L, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift/SuperRunner, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
624 Posts
Have you seen these?

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx.
My only problem with something like these is how low they usually hang or how bulky they are. There are some models that I would consider if they made em for 86s

Have you seen these?

Yea I would modify it to fit a winch tucked between the frame rails while keeping a decently low profile on the bumper

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I would try to make my clevis points attached to the frame mounting brackets as well as the winch box. I seen somewhere on here of someone that plated the inside of the frame horn and made a box to slide over it and bolts in on both sides

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,368 Posts
Thanx.
My only problem with something like these is how low they usually hang or how bulky they are. There are some models that I would consider if they made em for 86s

Yea I would modify it to fit a winch tucked between the frame rails while keeping a decently low profile on the bumper
I have the same thoughts. I have yet to see a production plate bumper I like for any bronco. The ARB was the best. But really expensive. There was a local truck with one, and the bumper was worth more than the truck! Even being 15 years old

Previous (original) owner installed a front receiver hitch on my 85, and put a winch in a cradle. I can move it from front to rear, and it gets stored in the bed. And I like the factory bumpers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the stock bumpers are good. I'm just kinda paranoid of hitting a deer and doing a bunch of panel damage...and I don't want to have to deal with it, this the barwork

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
997 Posts
Umm, i know this may not be "the place" and i know this isn't exactly an off road bumper, but i have this laying in my shop right now with no plans to put it back on...

It has all the pieces to bolt to the factory bumper and some pretty beefy angle irons that mount behind the bumper to strengthen it all up. Have the winch too, Warn 9000 but i was thinking about sticking that on my trailer, but not sure.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,650 Posts
How much $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts