Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm considering my options for a front and rear bumper for my 89:

1. Several of us put together a Colorado group order for Boondock's sliders. This seemed successful and I'd be open to another group buy for bumpers. Who's interested in a group order from whatever vendor seems to satisfy everyone's needs? I would want to do this in March sometime. Boondock offers 25% off a purchase of 3 or more bumpers. I'm serious about buying 2 of them myself...

2. Front bumper options for an 89. It looks like Boondock may be the only option for a front bumper. BroncoAir and Cross Enterprises don't seem to be providing them! Looks like with my options it will run me around $1400+shipping. My primary reason for shopping for a front bumper is a winch.

3. Rear bumper options for an 89. Boondock does offer a choice and it looks pretty good. About $770 before shipping. Cross Enterprises also will do one for about $875 before shipping. The two seem similar, though the CE version has a jerry can basket included in that price. BroncoAir doesn't provide rear bumpers for an 89 at this point (looks like a new product for them entirely). My primary reason for shopping for a rear bumper is a hi lift mount and a spare tire swingarm.

4. What other bumper options can you all suggest? I would prefer something minimalist and I don't necessarily need a custom design, if someone knows of a mass produced choice. In the front I particularly want a winch option and in the rear a hi lift mount and a spare tire swingarm. Most other features are optional to me.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,784 Posts
First of all BroncoAir does currently make a front bumper and are in the works of a rear. CE is working on their front bumper at this time too.

For plain simplicity and cost, you could make your own. There are a million threads on bumpers, front and rear. With the input from FSB, you could have a solid, stylish bumper for half the price...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the Bronco Air, but it is for 92+ rigs at this point. I would really like to see their rear bumper when they get it made, as the rest of the work on their site looks really good.

Wish I had the skill to do my own!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts