Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My front bumper is bent...pushed in and up a little in the center.

Do you think that it can be straightened and look perfect????

I doubt it...but I suppose someone somewhere could do that.

So, I guess I need a new bumper. What's the best source for one? I have the catalogue from LMC.....I wonder how their quality is??? I know that I can just go down to the Ford dealer and order a new one...but I'm hoping that one of the aftermarket sources will have good quality and pricing.

I've looked at a couple of junk-yards. My bumper is way better than anything they have.

Thanks, Chuck

·
Banned
9,179 Posts
You might as well try to fix it - it won't cost you anything but a few minutes & maybe a little blood. '87-up front bumpers are paper-thin. Try lying under the truck, holding on to the front axle, & kicking the bumper. Start off light & work your way up, checking your progress frequently. I can bend them by hand.

If it doesn't come out "perfect", you can still buy a new one whenever you're ready.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
why does it need to be perfect

get a brush guard and cover it

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
kinda like what I did to mine?

fact of life...unless you are that good with metal, it wont look perfect, but id use a hammer personally...feet work, but i got better control with hammer.

mine stayed like that from july 04 until june 05 when i got the winch bumper.

also check out a junkyard for a bumper, LMC is great, body shop maybe

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
broncoorboat said:
why does it need to be perfect
Becouse some of us think looks are important to.

I'm fixing to buy a new front bumper from LMC for Mr. Ranger. His has a small dent in it that has been buging me for the past 5yrs.

I'll let you know how the quality is.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Should be able to pound it out by hand the stock bumpers are pretty thin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts