Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 33x12.50rx15 Interco Super Swamper STS Truxs AT's and gonna mount them on some brand new 15x8 cragar soft black rims. I read in the sticky that some minor bumper trimming might be needed since I have no lift as of yet. Im not a metal worker but I was thinking to trim the bumper basically make a line using a ruler and marker then scoring that line with a grinder then cutting it with a sawzall then grinding it again to make it smooth. Is this the best idea or can anyone tell me an easier way to do it?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
depending on how much you need to cut you might use a 4" angle grinder or a sawzall. s heet metal shear works too. you just need to see how much from where and what tools you have. i done one with a drimil tool once--no fun but it was all we had....mike

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not much else to add here, but wouldn't those rims be a little small for that wide of tires? I may be wrong, and if so, someone correct me please.

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
Not much else to add here, but wouldn't those rims be a little small for that wide of tires? I may be wrong, and if so, someone correct me please.

no an 8" wide rim is fine for a 12.5 IMHO a 10 wide wheel is to wide for a 12.5 tire, unless you have beedlocks. a narrower rim will hold the bead better at lower psi. i run 33x12.5 on 8 wides, quite a few others on here do as well. hell i know poor college kid wheeler who squeezed 12.5s on like a 6.5 wide wheel, that was definatly pushing it, the tire defanitly had some serious bulge to it.

and for the bumper, i just shimed mine out with some washers, and hit the very corners with a hammer. never realy had a problem with rubbing, was like that for about 6 months befor i lifted it. damn may i should put my 34's on now

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The tires are going to rub the radius arms with those 8" wheels. 4" is just too much backspacing for an 8" wheel. I went with 10" cragars and they don't rub a bit.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
i have 15x10 american racing wheels with 31x10.5 tire. i am changing that soon 33x12 soon they came mounted like that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts