Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you all able to do burnouts in your broncos? Are you all running racing slicks? I tried one today, the power is def there, but the front brakes just lock up and the front just starts moving with the wheels locked up with out the back tires braking loose. Thats a lot of power though to do that. But, what am i doing wrong here? Its a stock bronco with bumped timing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Put it 1st\2nd gear..up to you..I prefer 2nd myself ( i do this every day ).. Put 1 foot half way on the brake..then give it 3\4s throttle..then as u start to floor it, push the brake down..If you still cannot doit, Make sure your hubs are unlocked, put it into 4low, and then see what happens..You should have NO PROBLEM burning rubber..

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
Thats prolly why then, I was putting it in overdrive. I know its not a good idea to do this all the time, but its cool once and awhile to show off to your friends.
Thanks-
never ever neutral drop it either, the way i always did it is to have my foot on the brake just enough to keep the truck from rolling, put it in first, hammer down on the throttle and once you feel it start to break loose mash the brakes. and as long as your doing it on private property with the consent of the owner of the property burn away, way less stressful on the truck than most wheeling ive done

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
FAWKING FLAME FREE ZONE.

Consider this your warning, next time your on vacation.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
2wd burn outs rule.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
You 2 have difficulty reading? Stop it.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
first, be sure it's in two wheel drive.. you can use low range if you like, but if you do make sure you're hubs are unlocked.

a stock bronco should be able to do a burnout in low range, hubs unlocked, second gear.. if you're running big tires, i wouldn't recommend burnouts unless you want to brake stuff. dont hold the brake any harder than you have to. put amonia on you're tires if you want a lot of smoke. this is bad for the tires of course.

i usually just stomp the gas and burnout.. or else ride the brake just a tad to sort of prolong the burnout, like here.

of course i added a couple hundred horsepower to my bronco so it burns out a little easier than a stock one.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
if you're running big tires, i wouldn't recommend burnouts unless you want to brake stuff.
I did mine with 40's :toothless

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
These things will do burnouts???? Next you will tell me the top comes off.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
He started drinking early tonight. :rofl:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I used to like what I call "spinning doughnuts", Very fun on ice and snow, raining. Get a little centrifugal force going; by driving in a slow circle, then punch it, you will light up the inside tire.

If you are using the parking lot at the mall, what out for cops. Here in Ca. they have new laws against burn outs and cruising. Getting together in groups...yunno?

By the way, burn outs are hard on the differential spider gears, as well as other parts. Use a good rear end lube, and check for up and down play at the yoke. Mash that pedal and hold on. Later on, get out your checkbook.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
FAWKING FLAME FREE ZONE.

Not anymore. No "noobie tech" anywhere in this thread. Thread moved, flame on.

The best way to do a burnout is to step very hard on the brake pedal and with your other foot step as hard as you can on the gas pedal. Something is bound to break free then.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts