Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok should have came here nine months ago when I first got her. Been checking the forums for inspiration. Had a beautiful 96 xlt 302 auto cold air pwr seats new stereo 1 month ago and new speakers with classy 8 inch sub. Two inch lift from JBG and there custom swingaway bumper new 32 inch BFG all terrains new warn front wheel lockouts new polymer bushings in the front end and steering pump and shocks. Sent it with my dad for a new spare tire one that still looked good was used for spare but it blew out just setting probably heat. Anyway on his way back home heard a loud pop engine shut down pulled over and truck was engulfed in flames in 5 min.

Ok now for the question the insurance company is saying its and old truck and my upgrades are just normal maintenance for and old truck and shouldn't be covered. could someone help me with what l should tell them I need to replace my awesome BKO.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
22,854 Posts
what Insurance company? what receipts do you have to back up what work/parts were done? Did you have any upgraded coverage?

·
Registered
731 Posts
One year older would have made it a classic, and would have booked for more

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have State Farm, and I just bought my 96. Stopped by to get it insured, and asked them how they would respond to a claim, given the fact that it is worth more than book value. They said they go by book value, bot for me to keep my receipts on the work I put into it, and they would take it into consideration. I have been happy with SF in the past on claims. Get all the receipts and other additional work documented. I suspect they will take care of you.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Get a 3rd party appraiser to value it and have him work out the details with the insurance company.
I got in a accident last October. The guys insurance company wanted to total it and wanted to give me peanuts for it. They valued it about 4k.
My appraiser and their 3rd party appraiser got to get her and valued my truck at 13k
Now they are fixing my truck.

Your going to need to provide all the recipes for the work/parts as well to them.
You should beagle to get all your recipes from the places you ordered your parts from. Best way is to call them and ask to email you all the recipes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts