Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a 4" lift kit and need to replace the radius arm bushings; what is the scoop on oem bushings vs. Polyurethane? I am going to use the bronco for a daily driver and some off road use. Also what color of bushing should I use, assuming the Polyurethane is the preferred application? While I am at it should I replace the bushings in the leaf springs? What other bushings should be replaced?

Thanks in advance

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Avoid Poly for the radius arm bushings, from my experience they wear out in a couple months. Buy a high quality rubber bushing.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
i was gonna do some poly bushings, but all the research i've done made me just order some moog rubber replacements for my leaf springs. plus ive read about having fitment issues with poly bushings...and i experienced some when i tried to put them in my leafs.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Just a heads up-they probably won't have them in stock at the dealer so you may have to wait a day or 2-plan accordingly.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
I used red poly bushings from Daystar, bought their master suspension and body mount kit. Absolutely no problem with wear, they were like new when I sold the axles, lift kit and suspension to BigT2317. The only thing showing wear were the rear shock bushings on the Skyjacker shocks. The rubber OEM bushings are junk IMHO, JSM84

1 - 8 of 8 Posts