Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Wow 2 whole hours.. Ya that was worth my tax Dollars to fly his ass over there in secert, to spend 2 whole hours with 600 troops.

Don't care what they say I think it was all political BS because his Approval rating has gone down.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
Bronco85 said:
Wow 2 whole hours.. Ya that was worth my tax Dollars to fly his ass over there in secert, to spend 2 whole hours with 600 troops.

Don't care what they say I think it was all political BS because his Approval rating has gone down.
how simple minded of you.

Lets say a few of the troops are becoming complacent.....costs lives ,don't you think? If that visit where to boost moral enough for one soldier take a new perspective on why he is there and save his own life or one of his brothers through a hieghtened awareness or a stronger conviction to see things through,or whatever.......it's money well spent.

approval rating aside, don't you think even one life is worth the price of the flight?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Being in the military myself. There is nothing greater than your commander in chief(one that actually likes us) coming to visit you in a war zone. Thanks Mr. President

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Remember Bronco85 its people like me who enable you to drive your bronco everyday

Speaking of wasted tax dollars doesn't alaska residents get a big fat check every year for that pipeline ?????? :shrug

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bobby said:
Remember Bronco85 its people like me who enable you to drive your bronco everyday
[/B]

And I thank you and the millions of people who do so.:usa :usa :usa :kiss

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Bobby said:
Being in the military myself. There is nothing greater than your commander in chief(one that actually likes us) coming to visit you in a war zone. Thanks Mr. President

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Speaking of wasted tax dollars doesn't alaska residents get a big fat check every year for that pipeline ?????? :shrug
Ya it is people like you that make it so I can drive my bronco every day. And I thank you for that, and every other person in the military. That doesn't mean I have to accept or agree with what you are doing? And I do not like the military being shoved down my throat every time I speak my mind. How come they never mention the civilins that got sent over there? Are they not worth just as much as those in the military.

And on the pipeline. I could careless about the Dividends. Which is Invested in the stock market. The residents of Alaska Get half and the other half goes back into the stock market.. There are those of us up here that think it would be used for the state to help with the budget crap, like for schools, law inforcment, etc. But there are those that think it's gods given right for them to have it every year. Which is total bullshit.

Anyways if my views make me simple minded so do your views for not accepting my views but instead insulting me because of my views.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just want to say the civilians didnt get sent over there. They chose to go over there. They knew what they were getting into ahead of time.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
where were you insulted? simple minded? maybe i should have to say short sighted,or some other politically correct term. you came off with the attitude buddy..calling it all BS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice thing the President did. As a fellow trooper, there is NOTHING LIKE SEEING YOUR BOSS WITH YOU IN THE SHIT. People can say what they want about it being a PR move, etc........... If it was a PR move, he would have pubicly announced what was going on so that everyone could join the bandwagon take pics and write about it. I think he is a genuine president that gives a shit for soldiers. Believe me the place is a [email protected]#$hole. I know Bill never visited me while I was there. He was getting something we were not :mad: . There is no draft. It is a volunteer Army of there. Civilian or soldier, they are kicking butt. No more negatives, just support them until they all come home.:duh

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
That was a cool thing to do. I look at action without guessing peoples' motives. It's hard enough just thinking for myself without trying to get inside someone else's head. Who cares why babyBush went to Iraq, the fact is he went. That is as supportive of our armed forces we as a nation can be when the CIC will go eat with the men. I'm no Bush fan, but he did the right thing and I appreciate it. You didn't see Clinton in Somalia or Bosnia. Too busy getting his knob polished.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
slim said:
I just want to say the civilians didnt get sent over there. They chose to go over there. They knew what they were getting into ahead of time.
My old man and all those that went over with him did not chose to go over there. They chose be on a team that gets set out to help those in need. They got set over to help the Military. Those in the Military chose to sign up for the military. And got set over there. Same thing in my eyes.

If he went over there for the reasons he says great, more power to him. But he's getting all this press over it which could also be thought of as a PR move. And will help his ratings out.

Nobs was I insulted by you calling my simple minded, NO I was not. Thats your opinion. I just have my views on this whole Iraq thing, and I know how I feel. And I know all Military personal think that I am wrong with what I think. Will I join up? No I wont, because then I'll end up doing all those things that I disagree with. Will I dodge a draft if it's reinstated. HELL NO! I will go over and fight with all those that signed up willingly.

I treat every person with the same respect no matter what they do as a job. Unless they prove to me they deserve more respect then the next guy. Just because you are in the military and got sent over to Iraq, doesn't not in my eyes mean you deserve more respect then that guy that is sitting at a desk all day. Prime Example Jessica Lynch. She gets captured with her group. Doesn't seem like she did to much(was knocked out the whole time? or as the movie showed she was cowaring in the Hummer then playing dead). She doesn't deserve to be called a national hero and get book deals. If those others with her don't get shit neither should she.

Anyways read into it what you will, My opinions are mine and I'm not going to back down just because you say I'm simple Minded for my fines. Sorry if I come off like I have a attitude. But I'm going to tell you like I feel it is no matter what you may think.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
who cares about the pr move. Everything he does is going to get press.Generally news stories are derived from tragedy.A bus load of kids going around the block without incident doesn't get airtime. Add an accident..and it's news. The fact his visit does make news, is aparently a call for the negativity associated with new stories. I'm thinking being so far removed from the rest of your country has you thinking the way the press wants you to think. your right to think what you want is really only conditioning from years of manipulation. eg. from the pro war side.....have you seen any of the bodies of the slain coming back to the states on the news? So who gives a shit about PR....it was the right thing to do.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
stangmata50l said:
I personally agree with you. If I got sent over there I'de like the boss to come on over for dinner.

However, every one is entitled to their own opinion. That's the beauty of America.

Bash whatever you want, just support the troops and all others over there serving!! :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa
:stupid Well said. :thumbup

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
NOBS! said:
I'm thinking being so far removed from the rest of your country has you thinking the way the press wants you to think.
Ok So I live in Alaska so I think what the press wants me to think?

Thats total crap. I base my opinion on the news, relatives and freinds that have been over there.

If it wasn't a PR move for him to go over there that kicks ass. Ya I think he's one of our better presidents. I personally didn't vote for him. And since I voted. How many on here didn't vote? I have my right to voice what I think. If it was a PR move that totally sucks.

I'm going to go crawl back in to my igloo and go ice fishing till California enviromentalists say that it's murder to kill fish in the winter.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
well lets just say this, and this is coming from a vet.. if the man has the balls to send us to our possible death and for him to show up over there that's great.. and just remeber this we are the ONLY superpower left in teh world and YES we are playing the worlds police. so get over it like or not :mad:

·
Registered
548 Posts
My old man and all those that went over with him did not chose to go over there. They chose be on a team that gets set out to help those in need.

Your very first two sentences contradict yourself. He still chose to go over there. Did they tell him he would go to levenworth if he did not? I think not if he is civilian.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts