Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i've been noticing a lot of squeaking noises coming from my truck, I believe it's the bushings, they have 147500 miles on them. I want to buy a kit to replace all the bushings on the truck. Is it worth the time and money, and will it improve the ride?
-Luke-

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I got the prothane kit from Summit and I dont really notice a difference except my body cant separate from the frame anymore

·
Registered
484 Posts
My ride got jsut a hair stiffer. Time wise as long as a you got a buddy to hep you shouldn't take more than 2 hours really. Pulling up the carpets and stuff is what is time consuming. Get the whole kit though most places have em or can order them I think

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I got an extra 18 HP from the poly bushings (J/K) :rofl:

They really are worth the time and trouble if you plan to keep your Bronco for a while. If the body mounts are rusted like mine were, it may take 2-3 hours to separate each one. The mounts use a 2-piece metal sleeve that is pressed together, and if rusted will be very hard to remove. The front core support mounts are different than the rest, being threaded together.These are usually the most rusted, too. A Saws-All or torch works the fastest for those if you need to cut them apart like I did. The body no longer leans to one side and doesn't roll side-to-side. I used a Daystar kit from Rocky Mountain Suspension.:thumbup

·
Registered
227 Posts
I bought my Energy Suspension body bushings on ebay.
The site I use for all the other bushings on the Bronco and the 280ZX is

www.suspension.com

They have a good selection of polyeurtahne bushings and good prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts