Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building my 94 f-150 4x4 for light mud & trail.iwant to run 44in boggers or 46in claws.
what fender application shall open for the larger tire w/ minimal amount of lift?

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
sawzall...best option...bushwackers are only going to give you about 3 more inches around the wheel well and fiberglass fenders you would probably just end up destroying...trim the fenders you got.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my truck is too nice too cut up the fenders.im not having it built as a trail only it will be my dd till i save 4 my cummins.

i want it too be as low as it can be w/44-46in tires.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
44" boggers on a DD/"light" trail rig thats too nice to cut up? You seem to be having an identity crisis.

Reactions: Cat Jockey

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no im in the marines so right now its my only ride until my bonus comes through.its what i go play in at the mudholes with my buddies when on leave.
didnt ask for a therapy session just an answer from more experienced wheelers

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I'm running the Bushwacker cutouts on my '78 to clear 38.5s well with only 4" suspension lift and no body lift. a)they are a royal pita to install..tedious. b) they are about as tough as a ligthbulb..kiss something with them and they break...'shatter' is a more apt description if its the least bit cold at the time.

Unfortunately...there aren't any good options that are felxible like the Gorilla flares or eq. for the early Broncos..at least not that I've been able to find.

Also, since I'm in MD, I have to run 'something' that covers the tire..not allowed to have tires stick out beyond the 'body' here. So..I keep running the 'wackers and I keep replacing the busted ones.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
44s, no cutting, minimal lift, and daily driver are just about impossible to use successfully in the same sentence. We tried and could only accomplish the first two....:toothless

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
do you have your heart set on 44's.....usually that doesn't mix well with DD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok bud a daily driver and 44's don't mix. Everyone is trying to tell you this the easiest way possible. I'm not gonna lie you really seem to be compensating for a hole lot. I know what your thinking and yes I might be referring to the size of your "package." Your not going to want to push your bronco at highway speeds with 44's on a daily basis. Just food for thought.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
I'm afraid that even if it were for some reason easy or practical, no one makes 44"s with a tread pattern that will last on pavement. And 44"s are pretty damn expensive to be wearing out quickly. Long story short, wait until you have another vehicle to build for that kind of thing.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,745 Posts
my truck is too nice too cut up the fenders.im not having it built as a trail only it will be my dd till i save 4 my cummins.

i want it too be as low as it can be w/44-46in tires.
Then you have no choice but to run ~12" of lift, and the Bushwacker cutouts. But remember, this statement is 100% accurate:

I'm running the Bushwacker cutouts on my '78 a)they are a royal pita to install..tedious. b) they are about as tough as a ligthbulb..kiss something with them and they break...'shatter' is a more apt description if its the least bit cold at the time.

They are not durable at all. However, if you want to keep the lift low, youre gonna have to chop up fenders and slap em on, because a 44" tire is bigger radius than the wheel well, and it will rub on both corners unless you lift the truck up over top of the tires. i dont have a good profile pic, but i had to cut my fenders up, because even at 11" of lift, the 42s would rub the corners of the fender wells so bad i was getting small slices in the tread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts