Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the body panel repair and roll on paint job I did this past week. I ran out of time and had to paint over the panel patch before I was done sanding. Plus the lighting sucked so I couldn't see the waves. I also replaced the front steering with a kit from Jeff's including the drag link and tie rod ends and added a steering stabilizer.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
looks really really nice !

WTF is with all them ho's rammed up that jeep?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks really really nice !

WTF is with all them ho's rammed up that jeep?
Yea pretty much to keep pressure on the bond because c clamps won't fit up in there because of the inner wheel well aand I didn't have a welder. We pretty much used everything we had to keep the panel pressed, plus the freakin panel had a curve and didn't match the body.

Had to paint it in 4 days too so I didn't have time to smooth out the body. I thought it would be better to cover it and go back and smooth it out when it gets warmer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
wow that was rolled on? got any close ups? what paint did you use? I like the grey, was thinking of doing a charcoal on mine when i got home.

Get more pics!!!

Good Job!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow that was rolled on? got any close ups? what paint did you use? I like the grey, was thinking of doing a charcoal on mine when i got home.

Get more pics!!!

Good Job!
I still have to wet sand and polish it when it gets warmer. I put on 6 coats of rustoleum professional grade smoke gray with a 4 inch foam roller thinned with 50% mineral spirits(may change it to flat charcoal in the spring). It goes on pretty easily and smooth as long as you make sure the roller isn't too wet and you go back over it. I also stopped using the roller pan to ring out the excess paint because it was leaving marks on the roller which transferred to the paint. I just used a 2nd flat, smooth pan to get rid of excess paint and rolled away. You basically roll on a thin layer, wait 4 hours, roll on another etc. You can wet sand after every 2nd coat and 8 hours, but I didnt until the 5th.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i see over spray..
Ummm, maybe from the high build primer which probably wound up on the floor plus I f-ed up and had to resand and bondo because the primer made the paint bubble. The paint on the trim is from the rolled on that got past the tape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts