Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is both a fab and general question looking into a ten point roll cage for the bronco my cost for just the tubing 2" .095 wall will be 61 a 20' stick and figuring at least 10 sticks that 600 but i found complete cages from custom fabbers for 380 plus shipping why would i build it myself if i can buy it for cheaper plus they take the liability on it any and all thoughts are welcome:popc1:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Umm, I would think it depends on if you A. if you have the time and B. if you have the money.
But I also would like to see the $380 ones.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
plus they take the liability on it
hahaha Right... Any smart vendor would send the parts with an agreement forum stating that they are not responsible for the mechanical fitness of the assembled cage because it it not welded by them. ;)

But to answer your question, yes you can possibly buy a kit for less. What you pay is what you get don't forget. ;) If you wanted DOM instead of rolled then it may cost more...

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
If you do not have a tubing bender, I would suggest looking into a pre-bent kit that you fit and weld together inside the Bronco. Due to the the design of the floor pan on the 80-96 Bronco, you cannot fully assemble a 10 point cage and just slide it in, unless you want to give up lots of headspace (not a good idea). I purchased a 10-pt kit from S&W Racecars and installed it myself a few years ago. Cost of the pieces with shipping was about $300 for the 1/5/8"x0.135" wall HREW tubing. It was about $100 more a few months ago. They also sell a DOM tubing kit for more $$$. HEre's a link to my build thread:

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75652

I am about to install another rollcage in a 2005 Mustang, and would still prefer to buy a prebent and notched kit rather than designing, cutting, and fitting with straight tubing. JSM84

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update call the company linked above and they do make a bronco kit for 328.95 plus 197. shipping it comes as a pre bent kit and from what i've seen of kits this is pretty good if we have anyone who could do this closer for the same cost would rather pay a local guy(oregon) and support one of us i would do this project myself but i lack a bender and the stock is more expensive by my calculations plus as a prebent kit i can adapt it at fab time for better kidd loading(lol) and possible pipe relocation :popc1::thumbup

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
this is both a fab and general question looking into a ten point roll cage for the bronco my cost for just the tubing 2" .095 wall will be 61 a 20' stick and figuring at least 10 sticks that 600 but i found complete cages from custom fabbers for 380 plus shipping why would i build it myself if i can buy it for cheaper plus they take the liability on it any and all thoughts are welcome:popc1:
What kind of tube is this? HREW, DOM, Chromolly?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that price is for hrew or dom but you can order cromolly also i like the fact a its a kit and b its bronco and year specific know wat i mean on a side note was about to go pulled the donor 5.0 when case pulled me away for fishing i love my babe she is the best bronco babe ever:goodfinge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts