Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i live in the calgary and cant wrench for shit...i want to turn a stock 90's bronco into a monster ..if anyone knows a good shop that wont rape my wallet ...i mainly just want a truck that i can drive over rice racers with by the time i am done ..i am willing to do everything i can to keep costs down by doing it myself..thanks for n e advice

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Wow....Luckily Im the first to comment on this post. First off, Do you plan on doing any wheeling? Or jsut looks....Is it something you are gonna want funtional or just to say you have it. There is a huge difference.

Depends what your definition of a monster is...A bronk on 35 or 37's with 6'' of lift is a fairly big truck. And demands some respect buy a honda or other small japanese crap. But, You are still road legal most of the time and dont have to worry about tickets and fines...

Anyway, Before you post, Use the wonderful little search button, Read around...Do some research. Dont be a dumbass.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Drilim said:
Wow....Luckily Im the first to comment on this post. First off, Do you plan on doing any wheeling? Or jsut looks....Is it something you are gonna want funtional or just to say you have it. There is a huge difference.

Depends what your definition of a monster is...A bronk on 35 or 37's with 6'' of lift is a fairly big truck. And demands some respect buy a honda or other small japanese crap. But, You are still road legal most of the time and dont have to worry about tickets and fines...

Anyway, Before you post, Use the wonderful little search button, Read around...Do some research. Dont be a dumbass.
What he said. Gongrats on your new Bronco and welcome to FSB. Zach makes very good points. You need to do some thinking and searching about what your specifics for a "monster" are. Let us know what you have in mind and what your budget is.

·
Registered
755 Posts
hey dude, im waring ya, broncos aint cheap, they are a lifestyle once ya start messin with them, but really satisfying for the most part, let me know what ya start doin to that bronco of yours, good luck!if ya ever need parts priced email me!

air

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
Build a good 351 stroker and you will be able to outrun them, too!

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
RoTtWeiLeR said:
hey i live in the calgary and cant wrench for shit...i want to turn a stock 90's bronco into a monster
Well I suggest that you read, read, read my friend. This sight has ALOT of info on it! I was once in the same boat as you and with alot of help from a friend that I met on FSB we came up with this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see now guys there is no reasonm to call me a dumbass because i skipped out of class the day god implanted the wrenching gene ...that picture there of the black bronco..something like that but bigger...i want it to be the very limit of being street legal...i wanna be able to take it out on weekends and do some light to medium 4x4ing but also be able to keep up on the highway..kind of a dual purpose ...mainly for driving daily in town and i am not worried about gas prices or what not the main thing is i want to get this on the road by march 04 and add things from now until then one paycheque at a time ...my main question was does anyone know a good shop or mechanic close to calgary that will help me out and maybe even teach me some things

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
My bronco has a SFA, about 8" of lift and I'm running 36x15.5x15 swampers. Any bigger than that and your going to need Dana 60's dude. Expect to pay up the yingyang if you cant do the work yourself!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow it doesnt look like it has that much lift and those tires from the pic ... nice truck though at any rate ... ya like i said i will be adding on one paycheque or two at a time ... feel free to private message me so i can ask some questions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts