Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying another bronco I was looking at around 92's but I found this 88 and was wondering if you guys thought it was worth the money. Link

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
nice looking truck. price seems a bit high but if the advertizing is true it may be worth it not to have to start throwing alot of money in it to get it road ready.its all relative to how much you want it. trucks as old as ours are pretty much based on what some one will pay and not so much on a book value. i have seen quite a few in that range of year going for about $2800 and with as few as 60000 miles on them.it really is a personal thing but if you do want to buy start asking the guys on here who know their
sh**t about any concerns you have after you look at it or maybe one of the members lives close to you and may be willing to check it out with ya
good luck
john:thumbup

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
It looks nice and clean from the pictures, but I don't think I'd pay more than 2500 for it. I paid 1000 for mine and it was worth every penny.

Of course it has some cancer, and I've dumped tons into it since, but that was all in my plan, and not required. It would still have been running strong if I'd left it alone. My mods were by choice.

K

·
0 Posts
my advice to you is to take it to a mechanic and get them to check it for you... the extra 50 or 60 bucks it'll be is well worth the 2-3000 bill you could jack up a month after getting it :thumbup some things you might want to check yourself would be the front end (tug on the major parts - kingpins, ball joints, etc...) and see if there is any major play there... also, just crap like brakes, tranny, possibly see if there is any play in the rear driveshaft - see if the gears are good and strong... and just little things here and there of course... good luck - hope ya get it! - kenny

oh, and welcome :beer

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
I just picked up a 93 for 3000 if that helps at all. the good deals are out there. just be patient i guess.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
It looks nice and clean from the pictures, but I don't think I'd pay more than 2500 for it. I paid 1000 for mine and it was worth every penny.

Of course it has some cancer, and I've dumped tons into it since, but that was all in my plan, and not required. It would still have been running strong if I'd left it alone. My mods were by choice.
How do you like your dynomax headers.. are they long tubes or shorties?? (I notice you got P's)

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
How do you like your dynomax headers.. are they long tubes or shorties?? (I notice you got P's)
I like them a lot. They are long tube, and help with the down low torque as well as the sound. However, they aren't intended for the GT40P's, and I melt spark plug wires regularly. I also have to pull them to replace spark plugs, so if you're considering mixing them with the P's, I'd make sure they fit the Lightning.

·
Registered
463 Posts
this price does seem a little high 4 an 88, but they always r if its from a dealer. i got my 95 4 $3200. it was n great shape but needed a wash & wax. u mite want 2 check the 4 wheel drive 2 c if it works, 1 of the most common things 2 go n broncos r the automatic hubs. they were gone on my 95, & i told the guy his 4 wheel drive didnt work & he dropped the price $400, later i went home & put some $72 warn manual hubs on it.

K

·
0 Posts
got my 91 for 3100... rims, tires, and exhaust. 152,000 miles...

actually got it on the way home from checkin out a jeep, **whew - thank god it was there!**

my advice is not to jump on the first thing you come across... if you really want a bronco, spend some time looking around, and if all else fails, go get that one :thumbup

also, the kelly blue book value only says its worth $2,985 :shrug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts