Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 92 BRONCO W/ A BW13-56. IT IS A ELECTONIC SHIFT ON THE FLY TYPE. THE 4 WHEEL HI WORKS AND LIGHTS UP BUT THE 4 WHEEL LO DOESN'T DO ANYTHING WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES I AM.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS THERE A SWITCH ON THE TRANS THAT TELLS THE 4 WHEEL SWITCH WHEN IT IS IN NUETRAL.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Electronic Shift Control Module is powered at all times through Circuit Breaker 12 of the Fuse Panel to retain its memory capability. Fuse 18 provides power for the switches and the Electric Shift Motor when the Ignition Switch is in RUN. Fuse 10 provides power for nighttime illumination of the Electronic Shift Control Switch.

When the Electronic Shift Control Switch is placed in the 4x4 or LO position, the Electronic Shift Control Module analyzes information from the Shift Position Sensors to determine their current positions. The Module also analyzes information inputs from the Transfer Case Speed Sensor and the MLP Sensor or Park/Neutral Position Switch. The Electronic Shift Control Module then activates the Transfer Case Motor to produce the desired shift, and the 4x4 Indicator lights up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey bigguybronco,

I got a 93 and had the same problem. I also have the BW1356. Initially I couldn't get 4 low and then even 4X4 at all. I did what the link below says last night and I'm good today. Open the link below. Don't worry about the page talking about the explorer cause your 92 got the same problem. Let me know if this helps.

http://www.4wheeler.ca/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=12350

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
the grease on the motor shaft gets hard :)D) and falls into the contactor area, causing intermittant electrical contact problems. i had this problem 3 years ago and after cleaning the contacts and putting in new grease the problem has not returned :chili:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the 4x4 motor apart and it was fine. so i fiddled with the nuetral shift on the trans some more and to my surprise the 4 lo works. thanks for all the help and ideas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts